Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you separate dial by name by sites?

we have a client that has hundreds of users and just want the dial by name to pull users from that particular site. i dont think it is possible but any ideas? they also use site codes

This is do-able for Call Manager via a custom. The phones are not as easy, but I think we could find a solution for this as well via a custom program. There is no native way, unfortunately.

Comment

You can build an extension list and attach it to the "Dial by First Name" or "Dial by Last Name" on an Auto-Attendant. That will limit the search to just that extension list.

Heh...maybe I took that the wrong way if you were talking about PCM :P

Comment

perfect all i wanted was from the AA

Thanks a ton

Comment

Good call Sarsin. I was thinking internally, which we've had quite a few people ask for.

Comment

Internally, you can accomplish that with the use of on-net dialing in Shoretel (this is how multi-tenanting is deployed).

On-Net dialing has been around since 6.0 or 6.1 (can't remember exactly when since that has been a few years ago now).

Comment

Interesting. I believe our client did not want to go with this approach because of the cost of requiring a site license. I believe they had about a dozen very small companies in a single building.

Comment

Working...
              X