Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Shoretel230 phones work with Shoretel5 Release 2 Call Manager Software?

We are running Shoretel5 Release 2 with Shoretel530 phones. Some of our 530 phones have died and I have some new 230 phones. I tried to connect them but they tried to download missing files from the FTP server. So I backed up the FTP folder and copied the FTP folder from another site (running a newer Call Manager release), modified the TXT and CFG files with correct IP addresses, and tried powering up the 230 phones again. This time, it gets through all the initial stuff and then just sits on Requesting service.

Is there a way to make these phones work with 5.2 or do I have to upgrade?

You need to upgrade. 5.2 does not support the IP230. Why so far behind on releases?

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
      You need to upgrade. 5.2 does not support the IP230. Why so far behind on releases?
      Thanks for the reply. I inherited this site. Just now getting around to some upgrades. My other sites are all running 7.5. I know there is even a 9.x. If I upgrade this site to 7.5, I have to go to 6.1 first, right?

Comment

Yes, you'll need to go to 6.1 (you can go to 6 but might as well go 6.1) and then you can go 7.5.

From 7.5, you can go to 8.1 or go to 9.1 that will be coming out shortly.

Comment

Note that when you go from 6.X to 7.X, the CDR database is converted to MySQL. If you want to retain historical data in the CDR, you need to convert it from jet to MySQL per the release notes.

Make sure you maintain a copy of the main jet database when going from 7.X to 8.X or greater... The main DB was convereted to MySQL in 8.0.

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
            Note that when you go from 6.X to 7.X, the CDR database is converted to MySQL. If you want to retain historical data in the CDR, you need to convert it from jet to MySQL per the release notes.

Make sure you maintain a copy of the main jet database when going from 7.X to 8.X or greater... The main DB was convereted to MySQL in 8.0.
            Interesting. Nice to know. Thanks for the tips. I've had to mess with the Access database before. Although passwords were hashed, everything else was pretty much plain text. Is it as easy to mess with the DB in MySql? I suppose the install installs MySQL express?

Have the new versions gone away from .ASP (VBScript) to ASP.NET?

Comment

It installs the GPL version of MySQL. You can connect to this with the MySQL command line client or with OpenOffice Base via ODBC. You might be able to connect via Access with ODBC, but this has been buggy int he past.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
                It installs the GPL version of MySQL. You can connect to this with the MySQL command line client or with OpenOffice Base via ODBC. You might be able to connect via Access with ODBC, but this has been buggy int he past.
                Duh... what was I thinking yesterday... long day.... MySQL - NOT SQL Server......

So... they decided to go away from Microsoft... is the database locked down with passwords they don't give you, or can you have administrative rights to the database? Not that I would need to do any updates or anything, but nice to know if I have to do something besides just queries....

Comment

You can find the username and password in the Administrator Guide. They provide the root password as well as a read-only account for the CDR. Appendix C.

Comment

Working...
                  X