No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Delet User

I'm trying to delete a user, but I get an error message:

"An Error Has Occurred: Cannot delete this extension. It is still used as in Call Forwarding always of user (another user)."

I've looked around there settings, but I can't find anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks

The warning is correct , you have a user that fwds to that profile...

Also you will need to make sure that user is not part of a workgroup, hunt group etc...

Keep looking it is there somewhere.

Best of success

Dave Safley

Shoretel Pure IP Unified Communications Solutions | TalkShore.com

Originally posted by jvetter View Post
    I'm trying to delete a user, but I get an error message:

"An Error Has Occurred: Cannot delete this extension. It is still used as in Call Forwarding always of user (another user)."

I've looked around there settings, but I can't find anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Talkshore. I had already looked under all of the hunt groups and workgroups and removed there extension from those. I'm still getting the message. It's like there extension is set to forward all calls to another user, but I would have been the one that created that, and I know that I didn't. Any other places I should look?

Thanks again.

Comment

This is why the delete user button is a "non-functional" button in ShoreTel. They give you NO INFORMATION as to where to look. Why can't they give you specifics? It would seem to be a fairly simple DB query.

Comment

We're on version 7.5. I copied the access databese off of the server, and then opened it up in good ol MS Access. I searched a few tables for instances of the name(or number) i was having trouble with.

This has worked for me everytime. It's amazing finding a line appearance on X phone that was mislabeled, and preventing the phone from being deleted.

If you're on V8 or later, you'll have to do it a bit differently to search the sql dbase.

Comment

Just for grins...

Check application servers / operator ext

Check sites / operator ext

I know I had this issue at one point , bit misleading of a error related to call fwd...

If your running 7.x taking a peak at the access dbase may be in order or 8.x the MSDE SQL Tables....

Keep us updated,

Cheers,

Dave

Originally posted by jvetter View Post
            Thanks for the suggestion Talkshore. I had already looked under all of the hunt groups and workgroups and removed there extension from those. I'm still getting the message. It's like there extension is set to forward all calls to another user, but I would have been the one that created that, and I know that I didn't. Any other places I should look?

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks guys, sorry it's been so long. I've looked everywhere, but I still can't find it. Where is that database located? We're running ShorTel 8.

Thanks.

Comment

Since you are running version 8 you can use a third party app to look at the database. We use HeidiSQL (http://www.heidisql.com/)but there are plenty out there that will serve the same purpose.

You'll need to add the IP (127.0.0.1 will work), the user (root), the password (shorewaredba) and the standard port (3306). When you login you can view the tables directly and search for the pesky user that is forwarding to the user you want to delete.

You'll want to look at the tables in the shoreware database.

You could also do a dump (export) of the database and do a search on the troubling extension.

Comment

Thanks Marty. Do you know where the database is generally located? I think I want to try to export it first, but I don't know where the database is at. Any suggestions?

Comment

Open a Command prompt. Change to the drive where Shoreware Server is installed (usually c:\)

type: cd c:\prog*\Shore*\*ver\MySQL\MySQL*\bin\

type: mysqldump.exe --user=root --password=shorewaredba --databases shoreware --routines --single-transaction > c:\shorewaredump-071709.sql

Comment

OK, I'm not getting very far with the exporting, so I've downloaded heidisql. I've logged in and am looking in the ShoreWare database, but I don't know what to look for. Can I search by username or extension? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a very experienced sql user.

Thanks again.

Comment

Alright, I think I may have found it. I looked under 'Users' in the ShoreWare database and right-clicked on the user and selected 'delete selected row.' Now, when I look at the users in ShoreWare Director, the user is gone, which is good. The only thing I noticed was the user is still listed in the directory on the phone. Is there a way I can manually remove the user from the directory? Otherwise, it looked like you suggestion did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Comment

You never want to make ANY changes when you are inside the database unless instructed by TAC.
                          Doing it that way creates database corruption unless you are able to remove the user from ALL the places they are mentioned...
                          Do you have a backup?

What you should have done is go through the callhandlingmodes table to see who is forwarding to that user..
                          The user's extension that you are trying to delete would appear in the CFAlways field.

Once you know who it is, you can login to Shoreware Director, go to the user, click on Personal Options, click on the Call Handling Mode in question, and remove them as a destination. Once you have done this, you should be able to delete the user, or at least move on to the next error... :-(

That is assuming it is indeed a user that is doing the forwarding. I would start there..
                          It could be a workgroup..

Good luck!

Comment

What benchtoplabs said.

What you have done is just delete on finger of the user profile, Garunteed you wont be able to use that ext, because the system will now complain it is in use.

The original issue was due to that user was designated someplace in the system. AA, HG, RP, WRK Grp, Speed Dial list, personal assistant, BLA and so on and so on.

It takes time to find where it is.

To correct the issue
                            What version of ST is this?

If it is in the Access MDB file

You will now need to open the mdb, find DN and purge the extension there,
                            Open find user Delete the user there
                            then open tabadress and delete it there.

Comment

I agree with benchtoplabs. Always make a backup of your database before modifying or even viewing it since an accidental change is always possible. You should view the database and use Director to make the changes.

Thanks benchtoplabs.

Comment

Working...
                              X