No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel PCM 8.1 Chatty?

*** We have upgraded to ShoreTel 8.1

The new version of PCM seems to be VERY chatty - what we noted is , 7.x used to build out 1 connection towards the ShoreWare Director. However, with 8.1 we are having a lot of network related connection issues and a lot of delay between status changes.

What we noted is , there were upwards of 100 connections per user on our network , after some time those un used connections will flush out but there is a big change from 7.x where we had ZERO issues with our call managers to at 50% of our users now have issues of PCM time outs and server disconnections.

All W/S are Windows XP recent build and patchs / NetFrameWork 3.5

Anyone else have such issues?

-DS

We've been using 8.1 for a while now both in RC and now GA and have had nothing but issues with PCM 8.1.
    When we made the change it all but took down our Terminal Servers due to the massive amounts of RAM and Processing power that it required over the old version.

The most annoying is related to contacts. Where 7.5 would import 50,000 contacts in no time and not slow things down - this version chokes on even 5,000 contacts taking minutes to import, using 100% processor, etc.

Comment

I have been using ShoreTel for several years now and I have used 6.1, 7.5 and now 8.1

It is really sad to see how bad 8.1 PCM performs.

I've noticed that it is really slow to start (even on a fast PC with 3GB of RAM).

PCM 7.5 was nice, fast and simple. End users loved it. Now with 8.1, my end users are unhappy and don't use it as often.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback ... I take an interest in anyone that has upgraded from 7.x to 8.x and have seen performance related issues of "any" kind.

We still have not quite found root cause to our issue of some workstations just take a long time to update status within PCM (Call Manger) and other do not ... this issue was not of concern on 7.x

So any 8.x admins chime in.

Thanks!

-DS

Comment

I can't compare with 7.5 - we got new install of 8.1 - but 8.1 is very heavy client and still give me sometimes problems with WG users which i can fix only by deleting user profile and run their wizard again

Comment

Interesting ...

What type of server are you running for your shoreware director - we are still on the SBS style box (Celeron) ...

One thing that would interest me is if you or anyone else that is having chatty issues or response issues with 8.1 Call Manager is... RDP to the shoreware director box and do a netstat from the command line.

For us, it seems the clients that are having trouble have at least a hundred "time_wait" connections logged - so the screen will scroll like crazy.

An easier way to view TCP connections is the use of SysInternals tcpview.. you can grab the rutime version from my redirect link here:

http://tcp.pchelper.com

Cheers,

-DS

Originally posted by pk2007 View Post
            I can't compare with 7.5 - we got new install of 8.1 - but 8.1 is very heavy client and still give me sometimes problems with WG users which i can fix only by deleting user profile and run their wizard again

Comment

Working...
            X