Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel 230 Display Failures

Has anyone had an unusually high failure rate on 230 displays?

Symptoms like 1/2 of the display, or the entire display going blank? :death:

Thx

Bob

I had this happen on one of my 230 phones last week. I rebooted the phone and it had problems connecting to the ShoreTel system. After moving it to another location and plugging it in, the phone has not had a problem. If it is a single phone, you may want to check the data line back to the switch to see if there are any line problems. ie. bad port, cable failure, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by clearfield View Post
      Has anyone had an unusually high failure rate on 230 displays?

Symptoms like 1/2 of the display, or the entire display going blank? :death:

Thx

Bob
      Yes. In one of our branches we have had an extremely high failure rate of the 230s - I believe a full 50% of them have lost their display completely. Sometimes a factory restore of the phone fixes it, sometimes they need to be RMA'ed.

Our support company believes it may be the fault of the switch they are connected to, and we are in the process of replacing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jokell View Post
        Our support company believes it may be the fault of the switch they are connected to, and we are in the process of replacing it.
        Shoretel switch or POE switch?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by clearfield View Post
          Shoretel switch or POE switch?

Bob
          Sorry, the POE switch. We're replacing it this week and I'll report back if it fixes the issues.

Comment

Who's POE switches are you using? We're using Dell 6248P's, but the occurrences are coming from several locations controlled by several switches including home VPN users with Shoretel POE power injectors.

Comment

Working...
            X