Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Distance / Speed Dial Codes

Just finished installing a system at another one of our plants and their previous setup in a Lab limited their calls to local plus a predefined list of about 35 long distance numbers.

They would dial these numbers more or less as a speed dial , for example they dial 32 it would then dial the long distance number assigned to 32.

I know I can set the call permissions in the Class of Service, but it is stated that the field only takes up to 50 digits and we need a little more than double that.

Also, is there a way to setup a speed dial such dialing 32 on teh phone would ring an external number? I know I could setup an internal extension and have it externally assigned, but that would chew up a license

Thanks!

I'd love to hear a ShoreTel-only solution to the speed dials. If no one has one, we have an application that can do this, but it is not perfect because of limitations to ShoreTel's API.

If no one else comes up with a workable solution, there's two things that could be done for the restricted numbers: 1. There may be a way to force director to accept more text in the box, but I don't know if it will accept them and apply the restrictions. 2. We have a concept (but not an application yet) for a way to block numbers based on a database.

Comment

Look at the thread about redirecting 411 to GOOG 411, couldnt that be done for speed dial? Just redirect "32" to whatever number?

Here's the thread:
      http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...o-goog411.html

Comment

I tried this with no luck. Perhaps he will fair better.

Comment

You could probably use a route point with the numbers you want them to be able to call. You wouldn't be able to use "32" but they could dial an extension length code to make the call "320". Route Points have their own user group so they should be able to make a call that the calling extension doesn't have permission to make.

Comment

I did something with off system extensions and a translation table a while back.
            In that instance I needed to enable ShoreTel users to dial an extension number of a co-worker at another location. The ShoreTel would take the digits dialled and pre-fix them with the national number and place the call over the trunk with the off system extension.

I am working from memory here, I need to review my notes and possibly re-visit the customer.

Here's what I think you would do.
            Enter all the speed dials and external numbers into a single translation table, (system parameters -> digit translations) the original digit length must match your extension number digit length, so if you have 3 digit extension numbers you need to have 3 digit speed dials.

In the trunk group at the bottom you enter the speed dials (original digits) as off system extensions.

You then need to choose your digit translation table from the drop down at the bottom.

What you need to watch out for is that potentially if a user at another site dialled the speed dial number, their call might be placed from the trunks at this site rather than their own.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmogren View Post
              Look at the thread about redirecting 411 to GOOG 411, couldnt that be done for speed dial? Just redirect "32" to whatever number?

Here's the thread:
              http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...o-goog411.html
              This worked great. I was able to get it to recognize 3 digit codes. i.e. dialing 300 = 1.xxx.xxx.xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by getzjd View Post
                This worked great. I was able to get it to recognize 3 digit codes. i.e. dialing 300 = 1.xxx.xxx.xxxx
                Cool, I've never used a Shoretel system (about to purchase one though!) but it seemed to make sense in theory

Comment

Working...
                X