Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To VXWorks or not to VXWorks

I need to change the gateway of two of my switches remotely. I have three switches at this location, one of which is a SG30. When I enable telnet and telnet into it, I get a nice simple menu that allows me to view or change my configuration. The other two are 60/12 units, and I get apparently into the VXWorks system, which looks like bad juju. So .. how do I get to the same console in my 60/12's that I do in my SG30? All I need to do is change the default gateway - and the console cable isn't really an option - being some 90 miles from me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

And yes, I did the IPBXCTL -telneton to get into the switch, I'm successfully into the switches - just not the right PLACE in the switches.

Vic

The SG30 switches are built on the Kilauea VXworks engine (I think) and have the new CLI interface for access the programming interface, same for the SG 50/90 switches.

This is not the case for the older 40/8, 60/12, and 120/24 switches. Please refer to the maintenance guide for your particular version as this will provide assistance with changing the IP parameters via a telnet session.
    -LC

Comment

On the older switches just go to bootChange and I believe you can change the IP from there.

Comment

Got it ..

Thanks for the comments - I finigured it out. In fact, I wrote up a batch file and some other stuff:

c:
        cd\program files
        cd shoreline communications
        cd shoreware server
        ipbxctl -telneton 192.168.1.201

I named the above telnet201.bat - cuts down on keystrokes.

Then it asks for a password: ShoreTel

Enter your telnet command "telnet 192.168.1.201"

Then you get:

login> anonymous
        password> ShoreTel

VXWorks> bootChange

It goes through the configuration one line at a time - simply type the changed command next to the existing one (as in 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2), enter through any lines you don't wish to change. When the prompt returns type:

VXWorks> reboot

I hope the above doesn't go against any policies regarding passwords etc - I assumed the passwords are freely available - unless of course, you have changed yours from defaults.

Vic:glare:
        Last edited by MaxDaemon; 04-07-2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X