Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Switch Backups - Can they be done on Demand?

We recently had a SG 50V installed in one of our remote offices. I have the nightly backup setup to FTP all the voicemails, greetings etc to the HQ server and then our Backup Exec setup archives those files nightly.

My question is this: Is there anyway (via Director or direct telnet to the switch) to make the switch do the FTP backup on demand instead of just waiting until 2:00 when the switch does its nightly maintenance? We still are changing a lot of things in our system and sometimes I would like to do a backup before I make the changes.

Thanks in advance!

I'm just starting to tinker with a new SG50V as well. I just SSH'd in, and it appears they have FTP available via the command line. Why not just manually ftp to somewhere and upload the contents that you want to keep?

Comment

Stumbled on an article in the Shoretel KB regarding backing up some stuff of a v-switch, in case this helps at all...

KB12952 - Backing up the V Switches (90V, 50V) via the backup script.

Comment

Just wanted to update my original post and let everyone know there is a way to do this. There is in 8.1 at least. I found it on page 88 of the 8.1 maintenance guide. If you establish an SSH session to the V switch, login as root. Then type svccli and <enter> to get into the svc client. Then type backupvm <enter>. This will upload the contents of voicemails, AAs, etc that are stored on the switch to the server you have configured in director for the nightly backups.

Comment

Thanks for the info. That procedure also works in the 9.1 version.

Comment

Working...
          X