Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record message to Voicemail

I have a user that wants to leave a voicemail for another user without ringing the extension. They don't want to go into there VM box and "send" a message to them.

From an autoattendant, I have "take a message" options, but it either wants to go to a single extenstion, or I can do it by extension list (Last or First name). IS there any other way?

Charles

So extension lists don't work because you want to be able to dial the user's extension rather than their name?

Shoretel provides an API that allows me to send a call that is ringing on any extension to any mail box I specify. Perhaps something simple that listens on a route point, so the process would be 1. Dial route point 2. Dial extension 3. You're connected to mailbox?

Comment

Charles,

I see 3 ways to do it:

1. Program a button on the IP Phone. There is a Dial Mailbox option.

2. Program a button on the PCM toolbar. Both the phone and PCM buttons require that the extension be defined (at least on the build of ST 9 beta I have).

3. In PCM Professional 8.0 and above, you can right click on a Contact and dial their mailbox directly.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BLenarcik View Post
        Charles,

I see 3 ways to do it:

1. Program a button on the IP Phone. There is a Dial Mailbox option.

2. Program a button on the PCM toolbar. Both the phone and PCM buttons require that the extension be defined (at least on the build of ST 9 beta I have).

3. In PCM Professional 8.0 and above, you can right click on a Contact and dial their mailbox directly.

Bob
        Option 1 and 2, you are correct, you have to define the mailbox. This won't work.

Option 3 would work, but it's a nonprofit, and they don't want the added expense of professional call manager.

The "Consultant" that is here calls the feature "Express Messaging".

I just don't see an easy way to do this.

Charles

Comment

We're still on 7.0 (waiting for 8.1 GA), here's one way you can do it in 7.0.

From PCM

Click "Dial" -> "Make New Call..."
          (or just press CTRL-N)
          Type in the user name or extension
          Select the user
          Click the "Dial Mailbox" button

I don't know if this works in 8.1 though.

Gary

Comment

Charles,

Two other things I just tested that worked perfectly:

1. Set up a Dial Mailbox button on the phone but leave the extension field blank. This will prompt for the mailbox extension when you press the button.

2. Create an auto-attendant and set the Multiple Digits action to Take a Message.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
              Charles,

Two other things I just tested that worked perfectly:

1. Set up a Dial Mailbox button on the phone but leave the extension field blank. This will prompt for the mailbox extension when you press the button.

2. Create an auto-attendant and set the Multiple Digits action to Take a Message.
              Option #2 does EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Thanks!!!
              Charles

Comment

Working...
              X