Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency greeting changes

During yesterday's snowstorm we realized we have issues changing the default greeting from outside the office. Part of the issue was the firewall, however there were more.

What does everyone else do to change the greetings etc from outside the office?

We just needed to make sure that the AA picked up immediately with a modified message. We had issues importing a wav file, kept saying wrong format, among other things. The ideal is to be able to call in and change things without needing to get remote access to the Director.

I've set up a custom schedule for on main auto attendant for emergency closings. Whenever we have a weather related shutdown our switchboard operator calls in to voicemail from home and records a custom greeting for our main auto attendant. I then access the server from home via VPN to set up the time and date for the emergency closing custom schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by bill.eth0 View Post
      During yesterday's snowstorm we realized we have issues changing the default greeting from outside the office. Part of the issue was the firewall, however there were more.

What does everyone else do to change the greetings etc from outside the office?

We just needed to make sure that the AA picked up immediately with a modified message. We had issues importing a wav file, kept saying wrong format, among other things. The ideal is to be able to call in and change things without needing to get remote access to the Director.
      You may want to look at the allow prompt recording using telephone option on the AA menu. This will allow you to phone in and re-record.

Comment

Emergency greetings

Ohhhh, giving people access to record main aa greetings via phone.. hmmm that didn't work too well for me. When you try to record the standard greeting back the next day no one has the script or can remember what the options were (1 for X) etc. I usually have the site record their greeting as a voicemail in someone's box, then export the .wav file and email it to me to upload to Director for any changes.

You could use a mailbox in front of the selected aa with std mode always set to the aa's extension and someone could dial into this mailbox (without touching the aa's or schedules) switch that box to somthing othat than std like out of the office, and point that mode to a separate aa that you can allow a user to chang prompts via phone.
        We do this in one of or call centers as they tend to call meetings on a moments notice and flipped out when they could find me to change the real aa mode.

I have sites all over the U.S. and one in Mexico.

When I set the sites up, before I head on the plane home I have the person recording the Auto Attendants record either a "closed due to bad weather" or Closed due to power failure greeting depending on the site. I have backups of every aa greeting on my network server drive also synched with my laptop I carry and it's x number and tab listed in the file name.

The emeregency greeting is already uploaded and in place in that aa's custom tab. I put a *in front of each outward facing aa menu so I can find them quick if I need them. Then build an empty custom schedule, one per site. Set the aa's custom tab to use that specific sites custom schedule. Make sure you add a menu option (#?) for users to check their voicemail remotely if desired.

When you get that phone call in the middle of the night, vpn in (or have a hidden admin account if you need to walk a person at the site through) adding today's date to the ready to go custom schedule you setup for that site.

I have submitted an enhancement request to have the ability to change a specific's aa "mode" by dialing in just like a normal mailbox. That would be nice.

Comment

I have my auto-attendant start at a prompt that normally contains a second of silence then timeout to our regular greeting. When we have an emergency or weather delay, I call in and replace the silent recording with the emergency greeting which plays prior to the regular greeting and then revert back once the emergency period has passed.

Comment

We are a water utility. Occasionally we have water main leaks which leave many customers without water. This creates a huge increase in the number calls that come into the call center. Our setup is this..

We have a main AA that says, thank you for calling ... blah blah blah.. This AA then automatically transfers to a second AA. This AA is the "placeholder" AA for the emergency greeting. If there is an emergency going on, our Control Center operator dials the AA ext and records the greeeting. "There is currently a water main leak on Main Street etc..." After this greeting is played, you are automatically transfered to an actuall AA that has all of the menu options...

When the leak is over, the Control Cwenter operator dials back into the the second AA and records a blank emergency message.

Comment

Working...
            X