Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing phone at a site without a switch

I have a user at a remote office who would like to use a Shoretel phone. Our HQ site is in California. This user is at a location in Florida that does not have a Shoretel switch, voicemail server, etc. I'd like to configure the phone with a static IP address, etc. so that it becomes a member of our HQ site. I would then like to setup a Shoretel account for the user and assign the phone to them with a California DID number. The user's calls will be routed across the WAN, obviously. We have an MPLS circuit and POE switch at the Florida location.
    Is this possible? The phone will have an IP address on the local Florida subnet and I'll point it to our HQ server's IP in California. Should I use the IP address of a Shoregear switch at our California site in the MGC field or will the phone become a member of the HQ site by default? I am new to Shoretel so thanks for your help and patience.

As long as the phone has IP connectivity to the HQ site, you should be fine. Most likely your DHCP will not work over the circuit, so set it up static IP/FTP/MGC the same as the other phones. This is how we setup our phones for users behind a VPN appliance. Works great for us.

Comment

You should also ensure that both the California and Florida subnets are entered in the IP Phone Address map. The Florida one should have Teleworkers ticked to force a lower bandwidth codec to be used with those phones.

Comment

How can you set the phone a static IP/FTP/MGC? I have a site behind a firewall I would like to try this with.

Comment

Dkrash,
          Press the Mute button then the corresponding keys for RESET then #
          Keep looking at the display it passes quickly, when asked for a Password enter 1234 #
          then follow the prompts for changing the phone config.
          Make sure to review the above comments also.

Comment

Working...
          X