No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot delete old user extensions?

Hi Everyone,

I am getting the same error trying to delete several old user extensions. What do I need to do in order to be able to remove these? Here is the error I'm receiving...

"An error has occurred:

Cannot delete this extension. It is still referenced by the system (TableistributionListItems, Key:100, FieldN)"

I am using Shoretel Version 7

Thanks

I have had a similar problem happen, how I solved it was take a copy of the active database, search all for the user name and number remove the fields that it finds. Do a compact and repair in MS access. Put it back into service as the active database, and you should be good.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Wow, that is pretty drastic. I was thinking they just had to be removed from some obscure group or something.

Comment

Yes they are part of the distribution group.

Comment

seriously, don't do the database thing. Use the database to find where they are referenced in directory, and then delete them. It does appear they are in the distribution group. Just go in director and remove them that way.

Comment

Never touch the MDB file unless you wish to :wheelchair: your system

The error is telling you exactly (IN PART) where the issue is, Ext List, Distribution List, Page Group any one of the items can be the culprit.

The sad part is the lack if intelligence the ShoreTel system has to clean these items when a user or ext is deleted. You would think the system would give you the benefit to delete with instruction as to what to do next. Instead of having to dig through data bases and further damaging the system. Piss Poor functional design IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jlorenz View Post
              Never touch the MDB file unless you wish to :wheelchair: your system

The error is telling you exactly (IN PART) where the issue is, Ext List, Distribution List, Page Group any one of the items can be the culprit.

The sad part is the lack if intelligence the ShoreTel system has to clean these items when a user or ext is deleted. You would think the system would give you the benefit to delete with instruction as to what to do next. Instead of having to dig through data bases and further damaging the system. Piss Poor functional design IMO

Kind of odd considering you used to be able to delete users without killing all of the references until about 6.0 or 6.1. Oh well.

It'd be nice if it would at least list every link to the user record instead of having to delete each one to find out where the next link is.

Comment

I have encountered this as well. Just go to paging groups and delete the individual from there entirely then go back to users and delete.

Comment

Working...
                X