Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote user softphone issues with 8.1

Has anyone had any issues with remote softphone users in 8.1?

We recently upgraded from 7.5 to 8.1 and all of our remote users are having issues with calls dropping to the point where they can no longer use the softphone. Even when the softphone isn't in use, they are randomly booted off the system even though their VPN connection stays connected and is rock solid. Nothing has changed on our network and I've even setup a lower bandwidth codec list just to see if that fixes the problem.

Did something change with 8.1 that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

We recently began using the Softphone on our 8.1 system and we found that the PCM is a resource hog and has issues on slower PCs that have Intel Celeron processors. Users were reporting random disconnects, sometimes during a call. (This was occuring on the LAN and over VPN!) In the documentation ShoreTel recomends a minimum of a Pentium 4 2.0 GHZ. People running faster PCs have not reported any issues to me.

Comment

any answers

we also recently upgraded from 7.5 to 8.1 and we also have a problem with a remote softphone user that disconnects aprox. 2-3 minutes into his call. The vpn stays connected but the call drops.

Did you ever get answer to your problem?

Thanks Ronnie

Comment

I haven't used the softphone, but some users were experiencing the same issue.

A fix we have used is creating a couple execptions in Windows Firewall on the clients machines.

Name: MGCP1 - port: 2427 - UDP
        Name: MGCP2 - port: 2727 - UDP

So far all users affected have said this solved the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X