No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time on Phones

Have issure with phones keeping correct time. using 8.0
    Some of the phones will be off by 1 minute or longer while some are 30 seconds to 1 minute. Have checked all settings and they seem correct any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You run a tight ship. Where are the phones getting their time?

Comment

Well if it was up to me that amount of difference would not matter. but alas the powers that be want it more in synch if possible. The Shoretel server is tied in to our Network Server that where it gets it tiime from.

Comment

NTP time

It is common for the shoretel phones to be off by a minute. They only pull time at startup, and I believe they ignore the "seconds" field.

They can be off up to 59 seconds from the pc time.

If you are off by several minutes, then your phones must be getting time from somewhere other than the pc's.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

In our network we spec a time server in the dhcp options for the phone's subnet. Not sure how the phone would "get" its time from a pc? Times all match since the phones and pc's time server is the same..

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
              It is common for the shoretel phones to be off by a minute. They only pull time at startup, and I believe they ignore the "seconds" field.

They can be off up to 59 seconds from the pc time.

If you are off by several minutes, then your phones must be getting time from somewhere other than the pc's.
              was there going to be a fix for this, or is this how the phones are hard coded?

Comment

Doubtful... It's been this way for years. You could also submit an enhancement request through your Shoretel partner...

Worst case, if they won't do it for you then let me know and i'll submit an enhancement request for you.

Comment

Working...
                X