Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Multiple part-time operators

    I am trying to figure out how to configure the system such that I can have multiple part-time operators with varying schedules. Currently I have the operators in a workgroup which would be ideal if not for the lack of of a call stack. Anyone have any ideas on how this might work? Here's what I'm looking at:

    I need to have two to three operators who handle callers that press "0" from our main AA menu. At least one operator will be "logged on" at any given time, though it's possible (but not a requirement) that more that one could be. These folks are in a hunt group so that if all of them are logged out calls to the operator will ring their phones simultaneously. This is the destination of last resort, so to speak.

    Since these folks have other duties, we want them to be able to log on and off the operator duties as needed. Obviously they will need to coordinate with one another to ensure call coverage. I'd use straight hunt groups, but they'd apparently have to go out-of-office not to receive operator calls, and therefore wouldn't be able to field calls to their personal extensions.

    Right now if there's only one operator logged on, the second call into the operator will simply hear our music-on-hold until that operator is off of the call. I suppose we could present a queue message to callers, but I was hoping to avoid the need for that.

  • #2
    Originally posted by isbrower View Post
    Currently I have the operators in a workgroup which would be ideal if not for the lack of of a call stack.
    You could have the operators keep the queue monitor open and also set the workgroup to allow agents to pickup calls from the queue. This would work much the same as a call stack.

    Gary

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not sure I understand how the Workgroup doesn't work for this scenario. Can you elaborate?

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the responses.

        You'll have to forgive my ignorance as I'm new to ShoreTel. It looks like I may have a setup issue and a lack of understanding on my part. We have our operators using the Operator Call Manager client rather than the Workgroup Agent client. We're licensed for Operator Call Manager and not Workgroup Agent.

        Would I be correct in assuming that the queue monitor functionality would only be available to folks with the Workgroup Agent client?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by isbrower View Post
          We're licensed for Operator Call Manager and not Workgroup Agent.

          Would I be correct in assuming that the queue monitor functionality would only be available to folks with the Workgroup Agent client?
          An Operator license provides all of the functionality of a Supervisor license, plus Extension Monitor and other stuff.

          Gary

          Comment


          • #6
            You may want to experiment with BCA's in this you are not worried at who is logged in but rather who can pick the call up at any given time.

            Let me play with an idea on my lab box, I may be able to build this app for you....


            Originally posted by isbrower View Post
            I am trying to figure out how to configure the system such that I can have multiple part-time operators with varying schedules. Currently I have the operators in a workgroup which would be ideal if not for the lack of of a call stack. Anyone have any ideas on how this might work? Here's what I'm looking at:

            I need to have two to three operators who handle callers that press "0" from our main AA menu. At least one operator will be "logged on" at any given time, though it's possible (but not a requirement) that more that one could be. These folks are in a hunt group so that if all of them are logged out calls to the operator will ring their phones simultaneously. This is the destination of last resort, so to speak.

            Since these folks have other duties, we want them to be able to log on and off the operator duties as needed. Obviously they will need to coordinate with one another to ensure call coverage. I'd use straight hunt groups, but they'd apparently have to go out-of-office not to receive operator calls, and therefore wouldn't be able to field calls to their personal extensions.

            Right now if there's only one operator logged on, the second call into the operator will simply hear our music-on-hold until that operator is off of the call. I suppose we could present a queue message to callers, but I was hoping to avoid the need for that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks again for the replies. I did find the Agent Monitor and Queue Monitor in the Operator client. That helps a bit. Part of our issues have been in not clearly elaborating the requirements prior to installation. Now that I have a better understanding of the call flows and the volume of calls to our operator attendant(s), I'm figuring out how this should really be setup. Coming from an old ROLM system, there's quite a bit of difference on how this system operates. In the ROLM setup we had separate Operator Consoles (huge phones) for each operator attendant, but there was no software interface. It's really been interesting so far, though I wish I had more time for planning/discovery prior to installation.

              I think that ideally we'd have one primary and one backup operator in a workgroup where each could be logged on and pickup calls from the queue at any time.

              By the way, does anyone know how to get calls transferred from the operator to show the outside CID? Right now all calls transferred from our operator show her name on the receiving party's caller ID. Perhaps that's a separate thread?

              Comment


              • #8
                Just as a follow-up to this, we've decided to have all calls forward to a hunt group consisting of employees in our Inside Sales groups. This way, when the regular operator logs off, all calls will ring these folks since most calls will be for them anyway. Seems to be a simple solution (which usually the best anyway).

                Comment

                Working...
                X