Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal distribution q

I'm new here, new to shoretel, but have been writing crystal reports for other sql dbs a long time. I will be creating some reports for folks who have no access to the console and am shy a few things, hope the community can point me in the right direction.

1) Is there an ER diagram somewhere showing how the tables link? I'm unsure if PARTY or CTLPARTY is the originator or receiver of the call, what the mediastream table does, how to find all outbound calls from all users in a group, etc.

2) Our reports are served in an old RAS freeware system called ePortfolio Lite, which was apparently distributed by BO so long ago no one there knows anything about it. For three other DBs, I just hang the report in the right folder and it works, but not so for the Shoretel reports. The error message looks like the issue is accessing the MySQL DB - I do have the MySQL connector driver on the server, with the login and password programmed on the ODBC. Same ODBC connection locally on my PC, running the report via Crystal Developer, all works well. Ideas?

Hi Rita,

Note there is quite a bit of information on the CDR DB schema in the System Administrator's Guide, Appendix C.

Also, the connection string for the CDR DB is:
    DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=shorewarecdr;USE R=st_cdrreport;PASSWORD=passwordcdrreport

(change the SERVER if necessary)

Do you have the correct MySQL ODBC driver, version 3.51?

Comment

3.51 connection didn't work, but 5.0 did (locally, where I'm designing in Crystal). But since 5.0 isn't working on the server, should I go back to 3.51 there?

(*goes off to find an administrators manual*)

Comment

Neither Party nor CtrlParty is the originator of the call. The call table has CallerID and DialedNumber. These give you the origin and destination of the call. The connect table then has more detail, giving you one line for each endpoint of a call. So for a call with no transfers, there will be two rows in connect. For a call with a single blind or consult transfer, there will be three rows, and the row for the party transferred to will have a CtrlParty of the person who initiated the transfer.

Comment

Okay, still no ER diagram (admin manual only had CALL table), but I traced through a single call enough to figure out what fields I need, and actually have a completed report . . .which I can't deliver due to issue #2 - error messages when run from RAS website. I am using the same driver locally for crystal development that I have on the server (is this right? should I be doing something else? ) Here's the error I get:

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
          webReporting.dll (0x8004100F)
          Logon failed. Details: IM002:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Error in File C:\WINNT\TEMP\{7D85F958-A52E-4B8B-A94B-B3ABF088199A}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.
          /reports/HTMLViewers/interactiveViewer.asp, line 46

Browser Type:
          Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Page:
          POST 5626 bytes to /reports/HTMLViewers/interactiveViewer.asp

POST Data:
          __CrystalEventTarget=page&__CrystalEventArgument=c rprompt%3Dparam&__CrystalCompositeViewState=pageCr ystalForm%3Dxsi%253Atype%253D%2522CrystalReports.P ropertyBag%2522%2520version%253D%25222%2522%253E%2 . . .

Does this mean anything to you?

Comment

Working...
          X