Welcome to

Welcome to!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
See more
See less
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mobile call manager permissions

    8.1 version ....Loaded app on Blackberry and try to enable via Blackbery and I get you do not have permission. Permission box checked in profile.

    Any ideas?

    Capt Mike

  • #2

    ShoreTel 8.1
    Build 13.23.2606.0

    Capt Mike


    • #3
      I have this same issue with 8.0. My Blackberry prompts for permission (two times) each time I open MCM. If I select "yes" quickly for both and open the MCM too quickly, I always get the "your administrator has locked you out" error. What I do is open MCM, wait for 10 seconds. Say "Yes" to the first prompt, wait a few seconds, then select "Yes" for the next prompt. I then wait until the screen refreshes itself and about 9 times out of 10 I do not get the permission error. Its strange, but it has been consistent like this for 8 months now.


      • #4
        We were having a similiar problem in version 7.5. There were some Component Services that needed to be reconfigured. I figured it out by going in and looking at the log files to try to figure out what was being blocked. In our instance I had to into DCOM Config, select Shoreline ConnectionManager, select the security tab, Launch and Activation Permissions, Add network services and gave it full control, go into access permissions and give it full control and then in the configuration permissions I hd to add network services again and give it full control. I don't know if this will solve the problem, but look in the logs and you will be able to see what/why it is being blocked.