Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to delet users

I am an Enterprise Customer with 45+ sites and over 2000 endusers. I have several users that I'm trying to delete that give an error message:

this user is the target of a submenu item in an Auto-Attendant menu

I've removed these users from all workgroups, and huntgroups. I've looked at all my Auto-Attendant menu's (50 of them). I can't find anything linking any of these users to any kind of Auto-Attendant. Is there a way I can just look at their extension to see where its linked in the database? I'm on ShoreTel 7.0 build 12.5.9303.0.

Anybody have any ideas?

Have you checked any extension list? I also have to delete users from Call Managers before I can delete them. What is the message you get when you try and delete the extension?

Comment

this is the exact error I get:

"this user is the target of a submenu item in an Auto-Attendant menu"

I will try the call manager deletion and looking at the extension list now.

Comment

Ive seen this before. Something like this has happened to use as well. You, or actually Shoretel or Partner will need to go into the DB and manually remove the entry. This has happened to use about 2 or 3 times in the past. We are using
        ShoreTel 7
        Build 12.5.8902.0

Comment

Since you are an enterprise customer, i'd call TAC. Likely, you will have to wait on Tier 2 to help you with editing the DB. Make sure you (they) make a backup of the DB first.

Comment

How to delete a user from the Access Database

As a System Admin or partner, you have gone through the system to ensure that no one is monitoring this extension you are trying to delete, they are not in a WG, HG, and the operator is not using extension monitor in the Personal Call Manager... Be aware of tool bars as well....

At times, it can be pretty frustrating going through the TAC when you've experienced the problem before and you know where Tier 2 is going delete the extension from the database directly... Especially when you realize how simple of a task it is.

1) Of course, back up the Database...

2) Stop the Shoreware --> Component Services

3) If on Shoretel 7.5 and earlier, consider upgrading... Then open the shoreware.mdb file with Microsoft Access.

If you are on Shoretel 8 or above, you can use a GUI tool such as SQLyog.

4) Find the DN field which is where all of the users are located...

5) Delete the user.

6) You can restart the Shoreware Component Service or just reboot the server.

You should now be content that you've saved yourself 2 hours of going through Escalation. :smartass: Have a soda or beverage of your choice. I've performed this task a handfull of times and never had a problem but you should always be prepared to restore from a backup.

If you're performing this task on Shoretel 8 and above, make sure you're comfortable with restoring the database.

DRVOIP.com - Home

Comment

Originally posted by khitan View Post
              this is the exact error I get:

"this user is the target of a submenu item in an Auto-Attendant menu"

I will try the call manager deletion and looking at the extension list now.

This means you have to go through every Auto Attendant you have, in each AA you need to check each submenu, aka On-Hours, Off Hours, Holiday and Custom

Shoretel has no logic to tell you exactly where that user is.

It is in one or more of your AA's as stated. I know you stated you have, but it is there. Check Page Groups, Extension lists, Distribution lists as well as any BCA, or possible Button assignment

Good Hunting
              Last edited by Jlorenz; 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I really hope that they fix that logic. It should be there in my opinion. The director should be able to tell you exactly where that user is or what other things that user touches.

Comment

Working...
                X