Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DID Directly to User Extension

I'm trying to figure out how to get DID numbers to dial directly to a users extension.
    I've tried the following with no success:
    -open the PRI trunk group and select the DID checkbox and add a DID range
    -open an individual user and assign them a DID number from the range.
    - Save and close
    Regardless of what I do, it always hits the main AA and never reaches the user extension.

Can someone tell me if I need to add a new Trunk Group? If yes, what type, Digital wink?

We have a Shoretel T1, Shoregear 90. Installed in Sept 2008.

Good to know im having exactly the same problem.
    I access the Trunk Group for my PRI then go to Edit DID Range then add this record for my Range of DID’s. Trouble is when I got to view DID Digit Map, nothing is showing up.
    Must be something easy im missing.
    Help please.

Comment

Jacker

I just figured my problem out, I wasnt scrolling to the bottom when selecting DID Range.

I cant see you having to add a new Trunk Group, that wouldnt solve anything.
      When you go to the User has the DID number saved in the Box ?
      I would get back intouch with your Telco provider just to confirm those DID numbers are active.

Comment

you might want to talk to your provider also to verify the number of digits they are sending you and make sure your set that in the trunk group under number of digits from telco

Comment

Thanks for the help but still not working quit right.

Here's what I have.
          - Called the provider and they assure me that the DID is active and they are sending 10 digits. (calling the DID will get you to the main greeting)
          - the trunk is set up to receive 10 digits.
          - the trunk has a DID record and a user had been mapped.

Everything looks good. So why is it when I call the DID, it always goes the main greeting and not the users extension?

Comment

10 digits

I would call back and ask another person at the phone company how many DID digits they are sending.... just in case you got a DUD.

I think you can open the Trunk Test tool, watch and incoming call, and see EXACTLY how many/which digits are being sent. If you are expecting 10 and only get 5 then the number will not match in the shoretel system and it WILL go to the autoattendant.

I personally suspect you are not really getting 10 digits as promised

We get 3 digits on one PRI and 5 on another. We haven't had time to standardize and get 5 digits on both yet......

i attached a screenshot of what you are looking for. NOTE the DID Digits FIELD. That is what the phone company is sending you. This number field has to match what you are looking for exactly.

gary
            Attached Files
            Last edited by eazeaz; 10-28-2008, 10:20 AM. Reason: Added Screenshot

Comment

You are right, I receiving 4 Digits.
              So I change the digits in the Edit Trunk screen and a message pops-up saying I cannot change the number of digits because existing users/DNIS setup.

There are no users with DID associated to them, but I do have a DNIS (10 digits) table set up to direct appropriate traffic to the correct extensions.
              I deleted the entire DNIS table, changed the digits to 4, re-created the DNIS table with 4 digits and it no longer worked. What next?

Any thoughts? Sorry for being such a rookie, but this is a real brain twister.

Comment

Dnis

Why are you using DNIS? just wondering... normally dnis is more for a "second" number, forwarded number, or fax line, etc (i think anyway).

if you go into your trunk group, do you have a DID range created? Can you post a few screenshots of your config?

you should have a base number of xxx-xxx-xxxx with a certain # of numbers

for example:
                555-555-1000 with 100 numbers would give you 555-555-1000 to 555-555-1100

you should then be able to assign the DID number directly to a user and it should work

post a screenshot of your DNIS config and your Trunk group DID settings or PM them if you dont want them out in the open.

Comment

Here's my DNIS set up. There are 5 numbers that each serve a different purpose.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dnis

If you are only receiving 4 digits from your CO then your dnis map should look more like

received digits

dialed number
                    Description of Number Called

Destination
                    customer service (internal user)

Comment

Here's my trunk group set up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dnis

Your trunk group still says 10 digits from the CO, not 4?

If you are only receiving 4 digits from your CO then your dnis map should look more like

received digits

dialed number
                        Description of Number Called

Destination
                        customer service (internal user)

Comment

If I change my "Digits from CO" to 4 and the DNIS to 4 digit entries, nothing works.

Comment

Dnis

What if you change it to 4, create the proper DNIS entries.

then call your main number, capture the properties on the trunk test tool. post those, they should tell us what the deal is.

Comment

If I remove the DNIS table and I call the following numbers, this is what I get

613-933-9189 - 10 digit DID
                              613-938-1222 - 10 digit DID
                              613-938-1229 - 10 digit DID
                              613-938-6657 - 10 digit DID
                              613-938-4891 - 10 digit DID

613-937-(7300-7329) - 4 digit DID
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X