Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange BCA and other behavior in 7.5

Recently, I have lost the functionality of some of the features programmed into my ShoreTel system. Also, some minor changes don't seem to be taking to the system at all, even though the Director shows the right configuration applied.

One example regards some BCAs that are programmed. When a call comes in on my PRI on the main rollover/hunt number (216) 555-9000, it lights up and rings button 12 labeled 9000-1 on the secretaries phone. However, when a second call comes in to (216) 555-9000 it use to roll and light up button 11 labeled 9000-2. This has stopped working for no apparent reason. The second call just rings and then goes to 9000's Voice Mail.

The second oddity is that I have changed two users from Extension-Only to Extension & Mailbox and the un-answered calls don't dump to their VM even though the VM boxes can be accessed by any phone and I have confirmed that the end user has changed greetings and such.

Anyone have a clue as to the cause of this behavior? I am running ShoreTel 7.5 Build 12.13.1328.0

BTW, I have rebooted everything at least twice.
    Last edited by CWings; 10-16-2008, 12:38 PM.

Database Problem?

Does anyone think a Compact and Repair on the database would solve this issue?:whistling:

Comment

Originally posted by CWings View Post
      Does anyone think a Compact and Repair on the database would solve this issue?:whistling:
      You can try a C&R but I am not sure it will help. I have had a C&R help one or two times so it might be worth a try.

About the VM issue, if you change a non VM extension to have VM you must manually set the call forward options for each call handling mode.

Go into the user's personal options page and click on Standard call handling modes link then set the call forward destination for the no answer and busy to your VM extension. The other four call handing modes will need changed as well.

Chris

Comment

Daaaaa

Originally posted by ccm399 View Post
        About the VM issue, if you change a non VM extension to have VM you must manually set the call forward options for each call handling mode.

Go into the user's personal options page and click on Standard call handling modes link then set the call forward destination for the no answer and busy to your VM extension. The other four call handing modes will need changed as well.

Chris
        Sheesh. Now I feel stupid. :clown: I didn't even consider looking at their individual CHM settings. Thanks Chris.

Now I just need to figure out what broke my BCAs.

Regards,
        Todd

Comment

Working...
        X