No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many rings to answer/impatient callers

We've got a pretty simple setup at our single Shoretel site:

4 - Analog POTS lines (In Hunt from Telephone Company)
    1 - SG 40/8
    1 - Windows 2003 VM/Configuration Server
    10 - IP212k phones
    1 - Cisco Cataylst 3560G 24-port POE switch

People that call the site are complaining of "too many rings" to answer.

I've done some investigating and it seems like the SG doesn't start routing the calls to our internal Hunt Group until about 1-2 rings in (from the caller's side). The Trunk Diag tool shows that the line is ringing as soon as the call hits it, but it seems like routing to a phone takes 5 secs or so. Couple this with the 4 rings that it might take someone to answer, and some callers are getting frustrated, which is coming back to me.

My question is, is this normal? Or is there something I can do to speed up/shorten the process?

Thanks
    J

If you have POTS lines and caller id enabled on the trunk group, shoretel waits 1.5 rings for the caller id information to be transmitted. This is not configurable.

You can disable caller id and the calls will ring immediately.

Comment

I have eliminated that pause with a custom dial string.
      Contact your partner or Shoretel Tac and they should be able to walk you thru the process

Comment

Remove waiting for callerID on analog loop start

The KB article will give you the required steps and the custom dialing string.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'll have to see if I can get logged into the Shoretel suppore site to get this fixed. Sounds like they would like to drop the caller ID at the site.

Thanks
          J

Comment

By adding the custom dial string, will we loose the caller id?

Remove waiting for callerID on analog loop start

The KB article will give you the required steps and the custom dialing string.

Palitto Consulting Services, Inc.

Comment

With an analog line you have two options. Wait 1.5 rings and get callerID, or answer immediately with no callerID. The callerID is sent from the telco as tones between the first and second ring. If neither of these options is acceptable to your customer, you would have to switch to a digital line.

The knowledgebase article is KB10278

Comment

Working...
              X