Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent extension dialing

We have some student phones in a school district that I would like to disable extension dialing. Is there a way to do this?

Just so I understand; you want to prevent the phones from calling other extensions on the same network?

What is the point of having phones that cannot dial anywhere?

Comment

Extensions

Probably so the dumb ass students dont start dialing administrative employees.

Comment

you might try setting it up as a multi-tenant system?

Comment

Originally posted by phoneguy View Post
          We have some student phones in a school district that I would like to disable extension dialing. Is there a way to do this?
          There is no way to prevent internal blockage "persay" some one stated Multi-Tenant, this is a viable option, you can also establish extension lists as well as establish each users as private and remove from the System Directory.

The Multi-Tenant option I would suggest is the best approach :balloon:

Comment

Ok I'll bite....

First, I am not familiar with how you can use an extension list to block ext to ext calls (other than in an AA menu). What am I missing?

Second the best practices doc talks about calling another tenant via their extension.

I am a little confused but we have been getting this request more and more lately so I would LOVE to be able to set it up!
            Last edited by ccm399; 10-09-2008, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I would love to see this added to Shoretel itself. In the mean time, we should be able to obtain this via a custom since Shoretel's API allows seeing individual keypresses on a phone. I have not yet found any other way, so if someone else has a workable solution without a custom, I'd love to hear it!

Comment

I wish it worked the same way it does for analog extensions. I tried that and it didn't work.

How do you setup tenants?

Comment

Working...
                X