Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide user from directory???

When I uncheck the box to “include in system dial by name directory”, shouldn’t that also take the name out of the directory accessed by the call manager. When I uncheck the box, you can no longer see the name in the directory on the phone. However when you look up the name via the call manager, it is still there. The only way to hide it from both is to make number private. This however blocks their caller id. I want to be able to hide a user from all directories but yet have the caller id for the user what I specify. Any ideas. Is this a bug?

I would think it is likely a bug. In my experience the "include in system dial by name directory" always removes a person from the directory. I just tested it on our in house system and it worked as always. The private checkbox does just what you said, makes that user private to everyone, internal and external.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneguy View Post
      When I uncheck the box to “include in system dial by name directory”, shouldn’t that also take the name out of the directory accessed by the call manager. When I uncheck the box, you can no longer see the name in the directory on the phone. However when you look up the name via the call manager, it is still there. The only way to hide it from both is to make number private. This however blocks their caller id. I want to be able to hide a user from all directories but yet have the caller id for the user what I specify. Any ideas. Is this a bug?
      If you want it removed then you need to set Make number Private as well. Many times the ext is left in a Ext list or Dist list, there is no logic built into the SHoreTel to warn against this. ops:

Comment

Problem is, I have a few Administrators that I don't want everyone having the ability to direct dial them. I also want their caller id to be correct. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. I am getting used to it when working with this system.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneguy View Post
          Problem is, I have a few Administrators that I don't want everyone having the ability to direct dial them. I also want their caller id to be correct. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. I am getting used to it when working with this system.
          Well you can go about it in a couple of ways but would need two ext or 1 ext and a route point. The route point (AKA Uses the Users DID)would be the primary number (Published) the admins would use, the Ext & mailbox would be the masked. Just make sure the Rout point is directing calls as need to the Ext / Mailbox

It is crude but should work

Comment

Is your call manager looking at your outlook contacts? If so, it's probably pulling the extension from AD instead of the ShoreTel system.

Comment

This seems like a pretty basic feature, I'm shocked that it hasn't been added...

Comment

Does anyone know how to hide things like "Overhead Paging" "Auto Attendant" and "Voicemail Login" from the directory?

Comment

Try using the make number private feature in the programming page of whatever you are in.

Comment

Working...
                  X