Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup & Restore process on 8.0?????

Since this has changed to MySQL, I cannot seem to figure out how to successfully run a backup. Can someone please give me a little direction on this. For starters I know nothing about MySQL, so that is a hurdle I need to get over. I would be interested how difficult a restore is also. Thank much guys, I appreciate it.

Shoretel Main Database Backup and Restore Procedures

Run from: Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin

Backup:
    mysqldump --add-drop-table --routines --user=#### --password=#### --database Shoreware > C:\shoreware_Bkup_7-7-2008.sql

Restore:

mysql --user=#### --password=#### Shoreware < C:\shoreware_Bkup_adam.sql

Please look up username and password in documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post

Run from: Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin

Backup:
      mysqldump --add-drop-table --routines --user=#### --password=#### --database Shoreware > C:\shoreware_Bkup_7-7-2008.sql

Restore:

-Or-

You can do it the easy way. Download MySQL Administrator tools for back up and restore. There is even a scheduler builtin!!!

Username st_cdrreport
      Password passwordcdrreport

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post

Backup:

Restore:

Also note, in that folder the scripts are there for you to look at and modify. MySql website also has a Free Administration GUI, that is very slick and will be far better then a command line cli

MySQL :: MySQL GUI Tools Downloads
        This is the MySQL GUI Tools Bundle for 5.0. It includes the following products.

* MySQL Administrator 1.2 Generally Available (GA)
        * MySQL Query Browser 1.2 Generally Available (GA)
        * MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.1 Generally Available (GA)

Comment

Thank you so much guys, now I just need to figure this out and mull through it slowly so I learn it well. That is a real help, thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huffditty View Post
            Thank you so much guys, now I just need to figure this out and mull through it slowly so I learn it well. That is a real help, thanks again!!!
            Honestly and I do not say this to be a smart A**, Get MySQL for dummies, very straight forward and basic.

Comment

There is an earlier thread, Recommended Backup plan for the shoretel servers, discussing this same issue. You may find the info there helpful.

http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums....html#post5550

Comment

Originally posted by Jlorenz View Post
                Honestly and I do not say this to be a smart A**, Get MySQL for dummies, very straight forward and basic.
                Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to have to pick that up seeing as I know very little about MySQL.

Comment

Hey man that is a great idea to pick that up, I am buying one today. Especially since we are now forced into it.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X