Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Backup & Restore process on 8.0?????

    Since this has changed to MySQL, I cannot seem to figure out how to successfully run a backup. Can someone please give me a little direction on this. For starters I know nothing about MySQL, so that is a hurdle I need to get over. I would be interested how difficult a restore is also. Thank much guys, I appreciate it.

  • #2
    Shoretel Main Database Backup and Restore Procedures

    Run from: Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin

    Backup:
    mysqldump --add-drop-table --routines --user=#### --password=#### --database Shoreware > C:\shoreware_Bkup_7-7-2008.sql

    Restore:

    mysql --user=#### --password=#### Shoreware < C:\shoreware_Bkup_adam.sql

    Please look up username and password in documentation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cburgy View Post
      Shoretel Main Database Backup and Restore Procedures

      Run from: Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin

      Backup:
      mysqldump --add-drop-table --routines --user=#### --password=#### --database Shoreware > C:\shoreware_Bkup_7-7-2008.sql

      Restore:

      mysql --user=#### --password=#### Shoreware < C:\shoreware_Bkup_adam.sql

      Please look up username and password in documentation.
      -Or-

      You can do it the easy way. Download MySQL Administrator tools for back up and restore. There is even a scheduler builtin!!!

      Username st_cdrreport
      Password passwordcdrreport

      Brad

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cburgy View Post
        Shoretel Main Database Backup and Restore Procedures

        Run from: Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin

        Backup:
        mysqldump --add-drop-table --routines --user=#### --password=#### --database Shoreware > C:\shoreware_Bkup_7-7-2008.sql

        Restore:

        mysql --user=#### --password=#### Shoreware < C:\shoreware_Bkup_adam.sql

        Please look up username and password in documentation.

        Also note, in that folder the scripts are there for you to look at and modify. MySql website also has a Free Administration GUI, that is very slick and will be far better then a command line cli

        MySQL :: MySQL GUI Tools Downloads
        This is the MySQL GUI Tools Bundle for 5.0. It includes the following products.

        * MySQL Administrator 1.2 Generally Available (GA)
        * MySQL Query Browser 1.2 Generally Available (GA)
        * MySQL Migration Toolkit 1.1 Generally Available (GA)

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you so much guys, now I just need to figure this out and mull through it slowly so I learn it well. That is a real help, thanks again!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by huffditty View Post
            Thank you so much guys, now I just need to figure this out and mull through it slowly so I learn it well. That is a real help, thanks again!!!
            Honestly and I do not say this to be a smart A**, Get MySQL for dummies, very straight forward and basic.

            Comment


            • #7
              There is an earlier thread, Recommended Backup plan for the shoretel servers, discussing this same issue. You may find the info there helpful.

              http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums....html#post5550

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jlorenz View Post
                Honestly and I do not say this to be a smart A**, Get MySQL for dummies, very straight forward and basic.
                Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to have to pick that up seeing as I know very little about MySQL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey man that is a great idea to pick that up, I am buying one today. Especially since we are now forced into it.

                  Thank you

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X