Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solarwinds Monitoring and Shoretel

I am doing some NetFlow gathering from our routers and I am trying to sort out the UDP VOIP traffic from Shoretel. Can anyone here tell me the port range that shoretel uses? So far I am seeing random UDP ports from 10074 up to 11868. Does Shoretel have a standard range that it uses?

Thanks,

Originally posted by gunnyhighway View Post
    I am doing some NetFlow gathering from our routers and I am trying to sort out the UDP VOIP traffic from Shoretel. Can anyone here tell me the port range that shoretel uses? So far I am seeing random UDP ports from 10074 up to 11868. Does Shoretel have a standard range that it uses?

Thanks,
    Are you established as SIP?

You can get all the port information on line or from your Partner if not Enterprise.

On line it is Ports used by ShoreTel, However a call to TAC will produce the Needed information.

Also in your Planning and Installation guide Chapter 9 Will have all the Base Ports needed. If you using SIP remember during a Session it is everyother port. So it can technically start @ 3000 next port is 3002, 3004, 3006 and so on

Comment

Originally posted by gunnyhighway View Post

Thanks,
      Many of the netflow/sflow tools allow you to categorize traffic by DSCP markings. This is a great way to look at the actual voice payload (RTP) traffic that is traversing your network. Pretty sure Solarwind's Netflow add-on (with version 3) allows you to filter by DSCP values. You'll want to make sure you've setup DSCP properly in Shoretel to reflect decimal value 184 (under call control options) and reboot your equipment after making the change.

Scrutinizer also does this.

Traffic & Bandwidth Monitoring — Scrutinizer NetFlow & sFlow Analyzer — plixer International

Comment

Working...
      X