Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot a shoretel phone remotely... (without the director)

...does anybody know of a way to telnet to a phone and reboot it? I can ping it, but the Shoretel director does not show it in the IP phone list so I am unable to issue a reboot command from the director.

You can Telnet to it and I think the command is "reset". The procedure is in the Maint Guide I think. If you can't see it in Director then you may not be able to enable Telnet access...

Comment

We had a situation where the phones would freeze and would not respond to Shoreware Director or allow telnet. When picking up the receiver, you could hear the dial tone, press buttons (you could hear the DTMF buttons in the receiver), but the display wouldn't change. When this would happen I would log into the switch to reset the port. It's pretty easy (as long as you have a record of what port each extension is jacked into).

Comment

Originally posted by jlear View Post
        You can Telnet to it and I think the command is "reset". The procedure is in the Maint Guide I think. If you can't see it in Director then you may not be able to enable Telnet access...

1. On the HQ server run start, run, CMD and then click ok

2. Go to the ShoreWare server directory, default can be reached via cd\pro*\sho*\*er

3. type in "phonectl -telneton <phone ip address>" and press enter

you should get the response telnet enabled

4. Type in "telnet <phone ip address>" and press enter

The command was reset, thanks a bunch for the information!

Comment

If any of you are doing this on version 8 or later the authentication requires the password be put in the field. The command for the phones is "phonectl -pw 1234 -telneton <phone IP address>". I found this out the hard way. I figured I would spare you all some of my aggravation.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            If any of you are doing this on version 8 or later the authentication requires the password be put in the field. The command for the phones is "phonectl -pw 1234 -telneton <phone IP address>". I found this out the hard way. I figured I would spare you all some of my aggravation.
            Actually depending on the build of ST8 your on that was a bug, you should not have to do this in the latest versions, unless someone changed the password in System Preferences

Comment

Good to know that it isn't on all versions. However, the last version I downloaded off of ShoreTel's website still required me to do that. Thanks for the heads up John.

Comment

Quick update. I'm running 8 CR build 13.9.5704.0 and you have to have the -PW setting in there. Glad I found this thread or I would have had to open a ticket with Shoretel! Maybe they should add this to their KB.

Comment

Can someone please give me a list of all commands available for a telnet session into a shoretel phone

Can i change static ip address and mgc servers via telent

Comment

Working...
                  X