Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workgroup "Night Mode" Button

Is there any way to get a button on a phone to put a workgroup and/or hunt group into off hours? I know it can be done from the call manager as long as the user is a workgroup supervisor but means that user has to be there and logged on. All I want is a button like the old system had. TIA.

I, too, would be interested in knowing how this is done.

Comment

I just had to duplicate a similar thing last week.
      In my situation, I wanted the best of both worlds - a schedule and a manual on/off for the main number that is answered by 2 operators.
      I solved it with a workgroup and a couple of hunt groups.
      The main number is the DID of the workgroup.
      The no answer number of rings is set to 1 on the workgroup.
      During business hours it forwards to a hunt group w/ the 2 operators on Busy or No answer and forwards to HG of all phones in the building on Logged out. The all phones HG forwards to Auto-Attendant after 3 rings.
      During off-hours the workgroup forwards to the all phones HG on no answer/busy and to Auto-Attend on Logged out.

So the Login/Logout of the workgroup is the turning night on/off. The forward to the all phones HG during off hours if logged in is what allows someone to come in on a weekend and have the phone ring if they want to take calls.

I'm also curious to hear what others have done.

Comment

I am curious as to what people are needing this for? What is the application?

In the last entry above, i get this...

Call goes to the wg-
        during business hours and logged in, the call goes to the HG of 2 people and if they log out during business hours it goes to the HG of all people.

If it is after business hours it goes to a HG of all people and if they log out it goes to the AA.

So, you would have to make a concession, but you could also do away with the Hunt group if you used the WG. In my world, I would get rid of the schedule all together. Things change too often, or there are meeting and what not that would require us to make changes at a moments notice.

I would setup the wg as follows, with no schedule-
        logged in- All calls go to the 2 agents who are logged in. I would setup a que for busy and no answer.

Logged out- Set it to go to the HG of all phones with b/na to the AA.

You still are getting the exact same thing (except when everyone is logged out it will ring all phones 3 times before going to AA) and you do not have to worry about any schedules at all, ever! You now can report on who answers the calls, and how well you do it. If there is a emergency meeting, log out...the calls will be handled. If you do not like the phones ringing three times, send all calls to the AA when logged out and setup a single digit menu to ring the hunt group, or better yet, have it ring over the paging system.

Just my two cents worth.

If they log out after hours it goes to AA

Comment

A couple of the "why's" behind my solution:
          1. The 2 people are the company operators. No call is ever to go to a queue or to voicemail before someone answers the call.
          2. With a workgroup, it was only handing one call to the operators at a time and not allowing them to put a call on hold and then be able to take other calls - the HG fixed this.

As to "what is it for". As you said, people are late, snowstorms happen, etc. so we couldn't just depend on a schedule to turn on/off the Auto-Attendant. The "night" button is basically the trigger indicating at least one of the 2 operators is at their desk.

Comment

Originally posted by ABidlen View Post
            A couple of the "why's" behind my solution:
            1. The 2 people are the company operators. No call is ever to go to a queue or to voicemail before someone answers the call.
            2. With a workgroup, it was only handing one call to the operators at a time and not allowing them to put a call on hold and then be able to take other calls - the HG fixed this.

As to "what is it for". As you said, people are late, snowstorms happen, etc. so we couldn't just depend on a schedule to turn on/off the Auto-Attendant. The "night" button is basically the trigger indicating at least one of the 2 operators is at their desk.
            Almost exactly our situation. Thank you very much for sharing your solution, Abidlen.

Comment

To answer what we need this for, we have doctors offices (each a workgroup) that sometimes leave early, have a staff meeting, take to the staff to lunch, or whatever and need to turn the phones over to the answering service while they are gone and bring them back when they return. The way this system works is that office either has to have the workgroup supervisor (usually the office manager) turn the workgroup to off hours in call manager, or they have to call me or the other administrator to do it or we create a custom schedule if we know when they want them back on. If we are not available at that time they have to wait for one of us to be able to get the phones handled if the office manager is not there. If they just had a button it would so much easier. We already have the schedule put them in and out of off hours for regular business hours, we just need the button for all the other cases. Even if I could get this in the call manager without the requirement that they be a workgroup supervisor would work.

Comment

Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but just in case it's not known...
                I programmed 2 buttons to do the login/logout from the phone. I called the first one Night On and the second Night Off. It's not the 1 button that toggled like they had previously but it is working.

Comment

Originally posted by ABidlen View Post
                  Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but just in case it's not known...
                  I programmed 2 buttons to do the login/logout from the phone. I called the first one Night On and the second Night Off. It's not the 1 button that toggled like they had previously but it is working.
                  Is this agent login and out? If so that does not work because I would have to make sure all agents where logged out correct? If it puts the workgroup in off hours then it would work but have not found such an option but I am still on 7. Although I guess I could make one phone an agent the forward to a hunt group as you stated earlier but I am concerned what this does to workgroup reports.

Comment

Edgehead, wouldn't it work if you set the logged out to go to the answering service? We are a medical corporation also, and have evey site setup with a call center to answer all incoming calls. They have no schedules, and everything is controlled by them logging in or out.

Abidlen, I understand what you mean by only one call can come to a user at a time. We use to do what your referring to, answer, please hold, and so on. We paid for a survey of our corporation and found that patients would rather go to a que than to be answered and put on hold.

Every option is different for every company. We have a service level factor that 80% of all our calls will be answered by an agent within 20 seconds. By using the workgroups, we are able to run reports off of the data to create score cards for every agent, and every site. When we had schedules, it was too cumbersome when one clinic would be open on holidays, or meeting, or what have you. It was much easier to just have the log in and out handle all calls.

Comment

Edgehead, would it be, or is it too hard to have your staff log out of the workgroup if they do leave early for lunch or whatever? You could write a script that will log them out when they log off their pc? It just put the responsability onto the operators, and takes it off the IT staff or supervisor of the wg.

Comment

Originally posted by VonZipper View Post
                        Edgehead, would it be, or is it too hard to have your staff log out of the workgroup if they do leave early for lunch or whatever? You could write a script that will log them out when they log off their pc? It just put the responsability onto the operators, and takes it off the IT staff or supervisor of the wg.
                        We don't use a call center so we ring multiple phones in offices and not all those are always manned. (break rooms, tech stations, ect.) The problem is that when we went to the Shoretel system some offices did not want to change the way phones were handled. While I don't agree with this I do think the Shoretel system should accommodate what they want. It's unfortunate that I have to tell people this system can't do what the old PBX system did. While I can play with huntgroups and so forth to get the desire effect I think it's a better option for the phone system to have this type of feature.

Comment

Auto Night Mode during Business hours.
                          Abidlenís method works for us as well, so that we can still have specific schedules with their specific AA messages i.e. Night(Closed), Holiday (Holiday Message), Custom (Exceptions Message), but also have it fall through if nobody answers to the Night AA 5852, after 6 rings instead of 4.

It gives us three different groups monitoring incoming phone traffic under all normal & exception business hours siturations.

Specific example.
                          Business Hours
                          1. All incoming calls path to A or B queued Operator WGís, to support two different Customer & Vendor bases with separate 800# & Site local #'s
                          Operator WG-A (WG5800) IDís Company Divisionsí A 800 and local inbound calls
                          Operator WG-B (WG5803) IDís Company Divisionsí B 800 and local inbound calls
                          Both Operator WGís contain the same operators; 1 Ė Primary (x3010), 2 Ė Backup (x3023) & are setup exactly the same way.

2. Operator WG lo/na(4) paths to Queued Customer Service WG (WG5801)
                          Two current CSR (x3011 & x3028)

3. Customer Service WG lo/b/na(4) paths to Accounting Hunt Group (HG3005)
                          Two Current Accounting (x3022 & x3023)

4. Accounting Hunt Group b/na(2) paths to Nite All Ring Hunt Group (HG5852)
                          Four Current CSR & Accounting (x3011, x3028, x3022 & x3023)
                          ...Here a customer service manager can hear CSR phones ringing via HG5852
                          and pick-up customers as a business hours backup for lo/na of Operator &
                          CSR WGís:sweatdrop:

5. Nite All Ring Hunt Group b/na(4) paths to Night AA (AA5850)
                          ...Auto Night mode after 6 rings for both WG lo & HG na:sleeping:

Non- Business Hours
                          Schedule based priority 1. Holiday/Custom Schedule then (Night Mode) AA

1. All incoming calls path to Nite All Ring Hunt Group (HG5852)
                          Four Current CSR & Accounting (x3011, x3028, x3022 & x3023)
                          ...Here two areaís can hear CSR & Accounting phones ringing via HG5852
                          and pick-up calls before & after Business Hours:tongue_smilie:
                          2. Nite All Ring Hunt Group b/na(4) paths to Night AA (AA5850)
                          :rockon:

Comment

Working...
                          X