Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorkGroup Login

I have a supervisor who needs to monitor 3 workgroups. He also needs to be the only person in one workgroup for overflow reasons. Is there anyway to allow him to monitor the queues without him being logged into 2 of the 3 groups? Right now, there is no way to have him login to just one of the workgroups. He is either logged into all 3 or none. If he is logged into none, he can monitor as expected. The only problem is he is not logged into the workgroup that he is the only member of for the overflow. If he is logged into his workgroup, he is logged into all 3 and his phone rings when he doesn't need to be answering calls.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Jeff

You could put a dummy extension (logged in) in the 3rd workgroup and have the supervisor's phone monitor that extension (with ring delay <none>). Then the supervisor could remain logged out, but could still pick up the call.

The only catch is that the dummy extension would have to be either an IP phone that was actually plugged in, or an analog port on the switch (wouldn't have to have a phone attached). If you setup just an IP extension with no active phone, the workgroup won't send it a call.

Of course you could just have the 3rd workgroup forward to the supervisor's extension, but it sounds like you don't want to do that.

Gary

Comment

A Work Group Supervisor should be able to monitor all the Q's all the time, with out being logged in to the work groups.

Yes by the ShoreTel Default logging into a Work Groups logs you into all Work groups (IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THAT WORK GROUP)

It is best practice not to place users in multiple work groups.

The suggestion of creating the 3rd as overflow is correct and is the only way to do this in the default ST work group.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlorenz View Post
        A Work Group Supervisor should be able to monitor all the Q's all the time, with out being logged in to the work groups.

Yes by the ShoreTel Default logging into a Work Groups logs you into all Work groups (IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THAT WORK GROUP)

It is best practice not to place users in multiple work groups.

The suggestion of creating the 3rd as overflow is correct and is the only way to do this in the default ST work group.
        The supervisor is able to monitor all the queues. I was told by my vendor that for him to monitor all the workgroups he had to be a member of all the workgroups, just not logged into the workgroups. If there is another way for him to monitor them, I would love to try it. Or if he could just log into the overflow group that would be ideal.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jkimes View Post
          The supervisor is able to monitor all the queues. I was told by my vendor that for him to monitor all the workgroups he had to be a member of all the workgroups, just not logged into the workgroups. If there is another way for him to monitor them, I would love to try it. Or if he could just log into the overflow group that would be ideal.

Thanks,

Jeff
          I do not think that is true, as a supervisor, as long as you have made that users PCM a work group super, then they can see and monitor all Groups., You will require a Work Group Supervisor license to enable (although it is there dependent on version)

Per the PIG chapter 11 Page 21 of 6.1 the Super can monitor any work group of which it is a "MEMBER" you do not have to be logged in.

Now the issue is if you wish to have an overflow for the Q these options are available in ST7.5 or I believe 8.x in the Q Handling called Inner Flow Over flow I believe. if you not on that release. then your only choice would be as what was suggested by gberkemeyer but use a route point or Hunt Group.

Creating a phantom ext as gberkemeyer suggested would work, you burning an ext and a work group license. Using a RP or HG gets around that
          Last edited by Jlorenz; 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I can't speak for anything later than Version 7.0, but in 7.0, the Workgroup supervisor must be a member of the workgroup in order to monitor it.

And just an FYI, if you do create a phantom extension in the workgroup, you don't necessarily have to burn a workgroup license.

I'm not sure if this is by design or just an oversight, but you can add any user to a workgroup regardless of their PCM type (personal, advanced, workgroup agent, etc.). The only issue is that the user cannot login/logout (by their own means) if their PCM is not a "workgroup agent" or higher. But a workgroup supervisor can still log them in/out via the agemt monitor window.

Gary

Comment

Good Points Gary, your right, the Work group does not present itself as a license, users will. Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Working...
              X