Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone ring when second call comes in

First post on the forums - thanks for the good info I've picked up thus far...

I'm looking for a way to have the phone ring when a user is already on the line and a 2nd call comes in.

If the other people around the one on the phone know that a call is coming in, they will do a Pickup if they are not on the phone. Currently, they don't have a way to know that a call is coming in.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by ABidlen View Post
    First post on the forums - thanks for the good info I've picked up thus far...

I'm looking for a way to have the phone ring when a user is already on the line and a 2nd call comes in.

If the other people around the one on the phone know that a call is coming in, they will do a Pickup if they are not on the phone. Currently, they don't have a way to know that a call is coming in.

Any suggestions?
    There will only be a few ways to accomplish this, establish a pickup key for that extension or set a monitor key for that extension to Ring Always on the Phones to be watching. Unfortunately there is no way to make the phone ring once the user is on a phone.

Pick up group adding that Extension in an extension list may work as well.

Welcome to the board

I do have some questions

The Ext you want to ring is it a DID?

if it was, you may be able to create a BCA or possibly a hunt group.

I would need to know more on what you desire to happen. :stuart:

Comment

Monitoring the Extension is not something I was familiar with yet. I've now played around with it a bit and it has some good possibilities - thanks for the heads up.

In these cases, they don't have DID's which I believe kind of limits what I can do with them.

Comment

Monitoring the Extension is not something I was familiar with yet. I've now played around with it a bit and it has some good possibilities - thanks for the heads up.

In these cases, they don't have DID's which I believe kind of limits what I can do with them.

Ideally if you have say a DID you can establish that as a BCA (Bridge Call Apperance) as well. BUt you option now is going to be a Monitored Ext

Comment

Wandering off topic a little but but maybe related...

If I add a button to monitor an extension and accept the default settings, do I have any additional functionality over adding a Speed Dial button for that extension?

Comment

Wandering off topic a little but but maybe related...

If I add a button to monitor an extension and accept the default settings, do I have any additional functionality over adding a Speed Dial button for that extension?
            Two completely different buttons, the speed dial will simply dial the ext only no monitoring

The Monitor will allow you to see if on line or if ringing, honestly after thinking more on this, I do not think Monitor will give you what your looking for, especially with Non DID.

Your best bet would be to create a Hunt group, make the original Target that Hunt Group, place all users in the group making it top down. The first person in the list (Target Extension) will be the first ring. Any other ring to that target will ring others extension.

The only other way to do this is through PCM and setting the other users up as Operators and monitoring that persons ext.

Comment

Working...
            X