No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Initializing TMS

Hello all,

We are in the process of installing and implementing a ShoreTel VOIP system for our 4 locations. We have a server at each location that was configured, on-line, and working properly; however they were all set-up on our data network for testing purposes. We are now at the point where we want to put everything ShoreTel related into a separate VLAN. We have our Cisco data switch ports where these servers are connected properly configured for a Voice VLAN, and we have changed the IP address of the servers for the voice networks. The servers are ping-able across the WAN, and I can connect up to them via Remote Desktop. All the appropriate ShoreTel services are running. However, in ShoreWare Director, in the Quick Look section the servers are showing up in a "down" state with a status of "Error Initializing TMS", and VOIP phones are coming up with "No service".

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is, and how I can resolve it?

TIA,
    John

Did you change IPs at every location or just HQ?

Did you change the IP of the HQ application server is director first before actually changing the IP address on the HQ server?

Are the DVMs pointed to the HQ IP or dns name?

Comment

Did you change IPs at every location or just HQ?
      We changed the IP for HQ and that seems to be working fine. We've now done two of the other three remote locations, and on those two is where we are seeing the error.
      Did you change the IP of the HQ application server is director first before actually changing the IP address on the HQ server?
      Like I said, HQ seems to be working OK, and I actually wasn't the one who made the change, but I believe we changed the IP in Director after we changed the IP on the server. On the two remote sites we changed the IP on the server then went into Director and changed them there.
      Are the DVMs pointed to the HQ IP or dns name?
      Sorry, DVM's? You lost me there. I'm not yet familiar with that acronym. I believe we are using IP addresses for most things, but I did make sure that our internal DNS server was updated.

Comment

Originally posted by soxfan View Post
        We changed the IP for HQ and that seems to be working fine. We've now done two of the other three remote locations, and on those two is where we are seeing the error.

Like I said, HQ seems to be working OK, and I actually wasn't the one who made the change, but I believe we changed the IP in Director after we changed the IP on the server. On the two remote sites we changed the IP on the server then went into Director and changed them there.

Sorry, DVM's? You lost me there. I'm not yet familiar with that acronym. I believe we are using IP addresses for most things, but I did make sure that our internal DNS server was updated.

You'll need to reinstall the Distributed Voice Mail Server at each location and point it to the new HQ IP address when running the install. You can leave the Shoreline data directory intact and it will preserve the settings for that local site.

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
          You'll need to reinstall the Distributed Voice Mail Server at each location and point it to the new HQ IP address when running the install. You can leave the Shoreline data directory intact and it will preserve the settings for that local site.
          100% correct, great advise, Chris

Comment

Thanks for the help. We will try reinstalling the Distributed Voice Mail Server at the remote locations.

Comment

Working...
            X