Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 911, ShoreTel, Ingate, and Bandwidth.com

    Has anyone been able to get n11 (411, and 911) to work with a ShoreTel, Ingate SIParator, and Bandwidth.com?

    Using the Trunk Tool I can send a +1411 and that works.
    I can also send to the SIParator a [email protected]<ipaddress> but that will not work since Bandwidth.com expects a +1.
    Does anyone know of a SIParator regular expression that I can use to make this work?

    Basically I need to turn a [email protected]<ipaddress> into a [email protected]<ipaddress>.
    Thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by cctfat1kin View Post
    Has anyone been able to get n11 (411, and 911) to work with a ShoreTel, Ingate SIParator, and Bandwidth.com?

    Using the Trunk Tool I can send a +1411 and that works.
    I can also send to the SIParator a [email protected]<ipaddress> but that will not work since Bandwidth.com expects a +1.
    Does anyone know of a SIParator regular expression that I can use to make this work?

    Basically I need to turn a [email protected]<ipaddress> into a [email protected]<ipaddress>.
    Thanks!

    In basic setup 911 should work, are you using the App Note to configure?
    Some carriers CLEC will not let 411 through, also there is a custom dial string to replace 411 with a diffrent number since many 411 calls are blocked now. Call TAC for that string
    Last edited by Jlorenz; 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes I used the App Note to configure.
      ShoreTel Engineering actually worked on this issue and said the following ...
      "We are at a point where the ShoreTel system functions correctly and the remaining problem has to do with the ingate configuration. It might be best to contact ingate customer support to get a pointer on who to modify 411 and 911 calls at the ingate. ShoreTel is unable to modify the digits sent."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cctfat1kin View Post
        Yes I used the App Note to configure.
        ShoreTel Engineering actually worked on this issue and said the following ...
        "We are at a point where the ShoreTel system functions correctly and the remaining problem has to do with the ingate configuration. It might be best to contact ingate customer support to get a pointer on who to modify 411 and 911 calls at the ingate. ShoreTel is unable to modify the digits sent."
        Well that might be true, not sure who you worked with in TAC or Tier2

        Did you supply a trace off the Ingate?

        The only way to really determine what the issue is, is from a trace through Igate. the App note will walk your through grabbing that trace. It will be helpful to present this as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, did the trace and all.
          This issue went all the way to the guys that write the ShoreTel code.
          They pretty much said it is not a ShoreTel issue, so I am looking at the Ingate.
          Do we know for a fact that a business is using ShoreTel with an Ingate SIParator, and Bandwidth.com SIP trunks for n11 sucessfully? If so, I'd love to talk to them!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cctfat1kin View Post
            Yeah, did the trace and all.
            This issue went all the way to the guys that write the ShoreTel code.
            They pretty much said it is not a ShoreTel issue, so I am looking at the Ingate.
            Do we know for a fact that a business is using ShoreTel with an Ingate SIParator, and Bandwidth.com SIP trunks for n11 sucessfully? If so, I'd love to talk to them!
            Honestly, I have not heard of this issue at all. Has your local ShoreTel Sales Engineer been involved? if Not, then I would start with him or her

            It may not be an Ingate issue at all but could very well be a Bandwidth not handling this, contact Ingate for sure, they clear an issue with another partner admiting it was a known bug, once we sent the trace to the Ingate TAC.

            Good Luck

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks! I appreciate your input!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cctfat1kin View Post
                Thanks! I appreciate your input!!
                No worries, sorry I could not help any further. Did ShoreTel give you a reason why it is not their issue?

                and did they specifically in in the trace show you where the break is?

                If oyu have a trace, PM me with it I will be glad to take a look. I would also go back to ST and ask specifically what is the issue you can share with Ingate

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think I can make this work if I configure the SIParator in just the right way.
                  I just do not know the right regex syntax! Google is not helping!

                  Current regex ...

                  Matching Request-URI
                  sip:\+1(.*)@63.83.9.210
                  sip.*)@10.84.61.6

                  Forward To
                  sip:[email protected];b2bua
                  sip:[email protected];b2bua
                  sip:[email protected];b2bua

                  I can change the "Forward To"
                  FROM sip:[email protected];b2bua
                  TO sip:[email protected];b2bua

                  and I can then dial 411 without a problem, but all other regular calls fail because there is now an extra 1 in the SIP INVITE.

                  I can probably make this work if can figure out how to change "Matching Request-URI" sip.*)@10.84.61.6 to a syntax that only allows n11 numbers.
                  I could then do a dial plan to send anything n11 to sip:[email protected];b2bua

                  Any ideas???? Who knows SIP RegEx! Help!!!
                  Last edited by cctfat1kin; 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey, is there a way I can get the ShoreTel system to NOT add a 1 to outgoing calls?
                    If so, I can then configure the SIParator to add the 1.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cctfat1kin View Post
                      Hey, is there a way I can get the ShoreTel system to NOT add a 1 to outgoing calls?
                      If so, I can then configure the SIParator to add the 1.
                      PM sent, working in it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks to Jlorenz this problem was solved!
                        The solution was to add a custom dial string of <X11>MX.%0G to the director.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You are welcome, as noted in the PM I sent you, this may effect any n11 type of a call including 011 (Not Sure) but testing should be done, to ensure nothing breaks in any 9+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx or 9+011 xxx-xxx-xxxx

                          In the string if issues are found you can subsitute X for the actual number
                          example is
                          <411>MX.%0G

                          you can set this string back to back as well as the example below
                          <411>MX.%0G<911>MX.%0G<211>MX.%0G

                          Again, please consult with your ShoreTel Partner or ShoreTel TAC
                          Last edited by Jlorenz; 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X