Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Manager cannot connect to ShoreTel server

Anyone experienced this problem? Installed Call Manager on a new employee's PC. Everything went fine, no problems with the install. However, when the user starts up Call Manager they get a red 'X' stating that Call Manager is unable to contact the ShoreTel Server. This has happened to 3 new users so far. The only thing that resolved this issue for one of our users was a version upgrade of the ShoreTel server.

Recreating the account, using an IP instead of server name didn't work. But after the Server version upgrade, it worked fine for the user. The other two users came aboard after the upgrade so until I upgrade our server version again, they'll be stuck with the red 'X'. Luckily I'll be upgrading to 7.5 soon so the wait isn't going to be too much longer. Strange stuff.

Thanks -
    Grant

Connection Problems

I would look for something that is between the users and the shoretel server that is blocking the connections.

We originally had a Watchguard firewall between the two networks. It would randomly block the connections during the day for certain users. A firmware upgrade fixed the problem.

Do you have any firewalls, etc between the users and the shoretel server?

Comment

Everything what eazeaz said

Plus
      Have you tried to install the PCM as the Local Administrator of the PC?
      Not a Domain Admin or a User with "Admin" rights, but the local Administrator

Part of the reason PCM will not connect is because of poilicy being pushed to those users. Time and time again it is said, there is no policy they have admin rights. With that maybe true, running gpresult from the command window will list every policy that PC is assigned Including Security Policy

Take these steps
      1. Uninstall PCM
      2. Before Reboot - Delete under Reg keys HKLM>SOFTWARE> Both ShoreTel entries
      3. Reboot - Login as Local Administrator
      4. Install PCM
      5. Reboot
      6. Login as Local Admin - Finish Install - User Users Name
      7. Reboot - Login as User and test

If that does not correct the issue contact your service provider and or Shoretel TAC

Comment

on the computer with the problem try to ping voicemail server

Open command prompt

type "ping (voicemail server)"

ex:
        ping 192.168.1.10
        or
        ping voicemail
        (or what ever your voicemail server name is)

Comment

Cool.. Thanks for all the information. I am able to ping the ShoreTel server by IP and name. We do not have a firewall between the users and the server.

I'm going to be upgrading the server tonight to version 7.5. In the past this has fixed this strange issue. We'll see what happens. If it doesn't work, I'll try re-installing with as a local admin to see if that fixes it. I have experienced weird issue like this with other applications.

I'll post my results.

Thanks -
          Grant

Comment

Do you have a proxy server defined in Internet Explorer on the machine?

Comment

firewall

There could also be a firewall on the machine itself, like Norton Internet Security or the built in windows thing.

Comment

A few things to try one is the CSIS ping from a web browser on the PC
                You can find this ping in the main guide but here it is just in case

Steps
                Open a IE Web Page
                copy and past the following
                Code:
                http://SERVERNAME/CSIS/CSISISAPI.dll/?request?00000000-0000-0000-000000000000;CCSISSvrCONN::ping;
                replace SERVERNAME with IP address of Shoretel HQ server (DO NOT USE Shoret name or FGDN)
                Hit return you should see 10;0x00000000;4;5440

If you see anything but the above, CSIS port 5440 may be blocked or ma have a proxy server set or

Check Phone and modem settings in your control panel
                got to
                Start > Control Panel > Phone and Modems >Advanced TAB
                (Make sure you have the correct area code setup in the phone and modems)

In the Advanced TAB make sure you see a Shoretel Tapi Service provider

If you do not then add it, if you do, double click on it and bring up the config.

If you cannot bring up the config, this is a restriction on the PC Policy, if you bring the config up look at the bottom of the pop up and tell us what Error your seeing

If you see RTE_Connect error or simular, then your issue is enviroment on that Machine(s) and something is stopping TAPI form connecting

As mentioned, Firewall, Spyware, Windows Defender are a few.

Comment

Well, did the upgrade to ShoreTel 7.5 and everything works.

Comment

Any similarities??

Is this the error message that everyone is referring to?
                    Attached Files

Comment

What I did that fixed this on every user that gets it (every site install this will happend with at least 10% of users):

Goto Control Panel
                      Goto Shoretel System
                      Goto Login and Passwords
                      change username and hit apply
                      change username back to correct username
                      exit Shoretel System

This fixes the issue for me. No idea why or how or what... it just does.

Comment

Red x Call Manager

fixing the proxy server fixed the red i was getting everytime. i e browser was not set in the proxy exceptions.

Comment

Solution

I found this article on shoretel.com that actually solved my problem.

ShoreTel | Support - Red X in Call Manager (KB10112)

Comment

Originally posted by khitan View Post
                            What I did that fixed this on every user that gets it (every site install this will happend with at least 10% of users):

Goto Control Panel
                            Goto Shoretel System
                            Goto Login and Passwords
                            change username and hit apply
                            change username back to correct username
                            exit Shoretel System

This fixes the issue for me. No idea why or how or what... it just does.
                            I was about to recommend this same thing, have to do this every once in awhile and don't know why, but it works. :stuart:

Comment

I am experiencing the same issues, but I do not have a "ShorTel System" in the control panel. Closest location is in Phone and Modem and SHortel TAPI Drive settings. Nothing seems to work there, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X