Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End

With Mitel announcing the end of life for the Mitel MiVoice Connect platform by 2030 I'm curious to hear where other fellow customers are heading. I'm thinking we'll end up staying the course for the next few years and maybe start migrating some of our users to Teams, creating a hybrid system in the interim. Going full Teams is probably out of question for us due to a large amount of premise based equipment such as analog devices, 3rd party IVR, key system config/BCA, modems (yes, modems) and contact center/workgroups.

Following.
    Like you said, we'll most likely do the same thing, especially since a few customers just invested quite a bit of money for new Switches and phones, as they were forced to with the migration to Connect.
    We already have a few Connect/Teams hybrid customers and will look into going full Teams, as that is what most customers want anyway. Obviously the call centers and analog devices, etc. are the main reason to continue with a traditional PBX, but those are addressable with Teams- I've already started looking into whats out there.

Comment

Hi guys. Where did you see this announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by davidbec View Post
        Hi guys. Where did you see this announcement?
        Our partner informed us. I can't find anything official from Mitel but I also found this. https://gcti.com/solutions/business-.../connect-faqs/

Comment

I'm not surprised. I'm an end user (aka "the customer") and I bought a Shoretel system about a week before the news broke that they had sold to Mitel, and I knew right then despite all the protests to the contrary that the Connect platform was history. I guess the good news is end of support is still a ways off so by then we'll have gotten our money's worth anyway.

Sad news though IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by OcalaGator View Post
            I'm not surprised. I'm an end user (aka "the customer") and I bought a Shoretel system about a week before the news broke that they had sold to Mitel, and I knew right then despite all the protests to the contrary that the Connect platform was history. I guess the good news is end of support is still a ways off so by then we'll have gotten our money's worth anyway.

Sad news though IMO.
            I was ok with Mitel, but Ring Central sucks.

my only issue with Shoretel is nobody wants to support it, rather sell you a new system

Comment

As far as premise-based systems go..the ShoreTel/Mitel was about the last one. There will be people willing to support the systems for years to come because I dont see anything available in the premised-based world that could replace it or even do it easier long term.
              Lance Paddock
              BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Mitel will most likely have deals for customers to migrate to the MiVoice Business product line for on-premise systems.
                Customers with 6900 series phones will be able to go to a cloud provider since Mitel has generic sip firmware for these phones.

Comment

Originally posted by METRO25 View Post

I was ok with Mitel, but Ring Central sucks.

my only issue with Shoretel is nobody wants to support it, rather sell you a new system

We'd be happy to help support you and any others! Our team has been working on these systems for a long time and are great at it. Feel free to reach out if/when needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X