Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Call Priority

Shoretel system can give priority to emergency call with 911 finishing line busy?

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you're asking if you can drop another call to allow a 911 call through. This is doable via custom programming, but we're not willing to do it because of liability issues. Perhaps someone else knows of a way to do this through native ShoreTel?

If this really is a concern, I would recommend that you separate one trunk and dedicate it to 911. Place it in a separate trunk group and only allow 911 calls on it.

Comment

Call Priority

Hello!!!, I understand what I say but that happens when that trunk this busy there is no way to cut the call and give priority to the 911 dialing

Comment

If you dedicate a trunk to 911, then that trunk can never be busy unless someone else also dialed 911.

Comment

Working...
        X