Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows server and 64 bit OS

I know that ShoreTel has not certified Release 10.1 on a 64 bit platform yet but I haven't seen anything stating that it would not work, only that it is not yet supported. We ordered a server for an upcoming project and it came with Win' 2008 on a 64 bit platform. Has anyone attempted to deploy 10.1 on a 64 bit platform yet and if so, what extra steps did you have to take to get this to work (if any) or were you able to get it to work without doing anything different? We also have a Marketel dialer involved in this deployment. Marketel has certified their dialer up to and including ShoreTel 9.1 but not with ShoreTel 10 or 10.1. Has anyone deployed a Marketel dialer with 10.1 yet and is it working properly or are you having problems with it? Is Marketel tech support any good?
    Thanks for the feedback.

It will not work on 64-bit. Support is coming shortly for 64-bit.

Comment

Server app requires x86 (32-bit) OS for the ShoreWare Server, DVS (and that also means ECC).

The x64 that I know about being soon "supported" is on the Client Side (both Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 editions, and Windows Terminal Servers running x64) -- this will be supported for apps such as ShoreTel Communicator (SW 11's new name for Call Manager). At this time, I'm aware of SoftPhone and Video Call not working.

Comment

There is NO excuse why shipping Operating systems are not supported.

MS and Apple give early access to operating systems before RTM -- Shoretel has had plenty of time to prepare for public release of major OS releases.

If you're marketing yourself as a viable infrastructure player then start behaving like one.

Comment

Windows server and 64 bit OS Ver 11

any one have success installing ver 11 on 64 bit server runing windows 2008?
          is it supported yet or are we waiting on 12?

Comment

We have had a successful ShoreTel 11.0 install on a 2008 x64 R2. I didn't do it personally, but one of the other tech's did.

Comment

So is the client side working yet on Windows 7 64bit? I just purchased all new Win7 64bit PC's and the first install of Call Manager with 10.2 doesn't find the phone. It connects to the server ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by amohrlant View Post
                So is the client side working yet on Windows 7 64bit? I just purchased all new Win7 64bit PC's and the first install of Call Manager with 10.2 doesn't find the phone. It connects to the server ok though.
                Win7 is supported on the 11.X release line. 11.1 just hit GA.

Comment

Originally posted by lohphat View Post
                  There is NO excuse why shipping Operating systems are not supported.

MS and Apple give early access to operating systems before RTM -- Shoretel has had plenty of time to prepare for public release of major OS releases.

If you're marketing yourself as a viable infrastructure player then start behaving like one.
                  AMEN LOHPHAT!

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
                    Win7 is supported on the 11.X release line. 11.1 just hit GA.
                    Cburgy, not seeing the latest build as GA?? It shows that 16.22.9109 is still beta on ST site. I would like to upgrade our demo gear, but not until its GA.

Comment

I have an multi site install running well on server 08 64 bit on ver 11.1
                      it works - supported???

Comment

I am running 8.1. At this point, I only have 1 64 bit system (Windows 7)-mine. Is there anyway to upgrade the call manager just for 1 PC?

Comment

Working...
                        X