Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.1 now generally available

I noticed on the support site yesterday that ShoreTel has released version 9 into GA. I'm reading all the release notes and such. Just wondering: Any one have opinions of version 9? Any of the new features work great? What's good and what's bad about it?

I'm curious to why you can upgrade from 7.5 and 8.1 but not from 8.0...

Comment

8.0 was never released to the public, so there are some items that might conflict or were never corrected and will cause issues if you are going to 9.0 or higher.

Comment

Is it safe to assume I can upgrade to 8.1 from 8.0, and then to 9.0?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          Is it safe to assume I can upgrade to 8.1 from 8.0, and then to 9.0?
          That is the proper procedure. 8.0 --> 8.1 -->9.1

Comment

Is the 9.1 in the title of this thread just a typo?

Comment

Originally posted by mdmogren View Post
              Is the 9.1 in the title of this thread just a typo?
              Nope. 9.1 build 14.21.4905.0 is in general release

Shoretel decided last year that rather then slow down devolpment during the economic downturn, that they would use there cash positive position to accelerate R&D. The hope is that when the economy returns, phone buying decisions that had been placed on hold will start to roll in, and Shoretel will have advanced it's system with next generation features, making it the obvious choice.

Shoretel is already great, but version 9 & 10 really start to address D/R situations, which are critical in enterprise enviornments.

Comment

Working...
              X