Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel Releases

I just got an email that they are starting beta for 9. We are still waiting on the general release of 8.1, anyone know if they plan to make that available to existing customers?

8.1 was released in the last few weeks. Doing the upgrade this weekend.

Comment

According to ShoreTel's support site 8.1 is still in controlled release.

Comment

• ShoreTel 8.1 is in Controlled Release
        • A Controlled Release is recommended for new customers only.
        • Existing customers should wait until a release is "Generally Available" unless there's an immediate business need.
        I'd like to know when they are going to make this Generally Available...

Comment

I believe Generally availability is targeted for the April timeframe for 8.1. In the meantime, since 8.0 is NEVER going to hit GA, they are being fairly lenient on the "business case" necessary to upgrade to a CI version. We've upgraded numerous customers with nothing more than a note saying "this customer really wants to use XXXX (something only available in 8.1)".

Comment

You should have no issue getting access to 8.1.

9.0 is in beta.

Comment

** Edited by Chris **

This has not been publicly announced yet.

Doh!
              Last edited by Dr_Klahn; 03-11-2009, 12:07 PM. Reason: Not publicly announced

Comment

any idea what will be new in 9???

Comment

Originally posted by chadd39 View Post
                  any idea what will be new in 9???
                  Yes. You can contact your partner directly for a discussion. Otherwise, the public announcement should come around the week of the 23rd if all goes well.

Comment

The general release of 8.1 should be on March 31st - per my instructor. Expect it at the "11th hour" as usual.

Comment

I just finished reading the 9.0 build notes and release notes. I didn't see much that was revolutionary.

Comment

I just obtained a copy of 9. I agree the release notes don't show many changes. I'll post more after I do the upgrade.

I think 8.1 just was released for general release so 9 may not be available for awhile.

ShoreTel_9_Build_14.5.5409.0.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 1,749,057,555 bytes

Comment

We just upgraded to the GA release of 8.1 ....

Anyone here that has done the upgrade from 7.x , are you seeing a big change in network chatter and performance issues with the new Call Manager?

Such as status change delay , time outs to the shoreware director server and such?

We are seeing a major change and a BIG increase in network chatter, not sure if it is our network or? We did not have such issues on 7.x

-DS

Comment

Working...
                          X