Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAC PBX hold times - what do you do while you're on hold?

Share your story! What do you do while on hold?? How do you make the best out of hold times that can be over 3 hours??

While on hold I try to predict what TAC will be requesting from me. Will they want to dig right in, or just want 1 slogwin, or will they want a pcap from every device on my network an the carriers network?

Then the remainder of the time I daydream about a world where I get escalated without grabbing 12 gigs of unnecessary logs just so I can talk to the right person and solve the problem in under 10 minutes.

Comment

I think about which tier 1 tac person I will get.....will I get one that actually knows something and can help,,, or will I get someone so clueless I have to explain to them how the system works.

Comment

3 hours, thats a short hold My record is 8 hours on hold and at that point (almost to the minute) I got hung up on. I think we found the limit of ECC queue time...
        We found the conference bridge (Service Appliance) ends a bridge after 8 hours.
        The PBX group has been having a tought time....I have had great luck with the guys in Mobility, ECC and escalation...

Comment

I am thinking where my call travel to India or Malaysia and why it's taking so long, also I am thinking why do I even calling them if they are 80% suck especially at the first call, also I am thinking how mad I will be if they will ask me for logs again because I know nobody doing nothing with those logs. Also why mitel making it so hard and how long they will be in business till somebody else will buy them.

Comment

So I've worked for a ShoreTel partner for 3 years now, and while I have a ton of stories to tell about TAC, this is probably my favorite one:

We had a new engineer start, and he was shadowing me trying to figure out how we did things, etc. We had some kind of ShoreTel Communicator defect we needed to escalate to TAC, but an outage call came in, and I had to break away for a bit, and I instructed the new guy to just stay on hold and wait for TAC, since more than likely he would still be on hold by the time I got off. So while I was on the other phone call, the new guy managed to get a hold of TAC rather quickly (this was around 9AM PST). So the new guy explains the scenario, and TAC tells him there were a lot of calls in the queue, and he didn't have time to take his call. He fed him a line of BS, and basically said to call back another time. So by the time I'm off the other call, I look over and he's not on the phone anymore. So I say "Hey so what happened??" and he tells me "They said they were busy and didn't have time to take my call" - I said "You have got to be @$%(*#$%#*$%(# kidding!" TAC totally bamboozled the new guy and managed to get him off the phone without doing anything. Now that was 2 years ago, and I am way more familiar with TAC shenanigans, and have the TAC supervisor hotline number on speed dial. But that's probably been the most brazen act I've seen TAC pull before.

Comment

We have had 3 different customers cancel their ShoreTel Support agreement because they were so fed up with TAC. The times the techs didn't know what to do so they just say, "Um, I am going to need logs" as an excuse to hang up and pass the buck to someone else. The times they are on hold for a "greater than 60% affected, system down" call for over 3 hours. The times where they request a callback at 9am and get a call at 7:30pm. I try NOT to call TAC anymore because I have given up on them completely.

I wish I could just pick out the 4 or 5 people working at TAC and clone 100's them and put them all to work, because they have some very very incapable people working at TAC sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X