Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing used shoretel equipment

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a used 60/12 switch and a bunch of 230 phones. We only have 10 phones and 4 lines at our location and we do not have another store. We can get the whole system for very little $ and I like the features that the Shoretel system has. My main concern is with the licensing. I cannot get a straight answer out of shoretel when I call them. Can I get the license's transferred? If not, do I really need them? With out license's i assume I cannot update and will have zero support from Shoretel but the system will still function 100% correct? I use an IPhone will I be able to use the shoretel app if my system is not licensed? Thanks for any help!

FYI, without a license, ShoreWare Director will lock itself in 45 days, so you will be unable to make any further system configuration changes.

Comment

Licenses are not transferrable between customers. Hardware wise, ShoreTel will not cover used switches under maintenance without you first sending the switch to ShoreTel for them to deem the switch in good condition. There is a fee for this (I belive around $700) that must be paid pass or fail.

However, you can buy additional user licenses if that is what you need through your partner. If you setup your system to exceed your licenses, then as was previously noted, your system will lock. It will remain functional, but you will not be able to get back in to Director until you contact ShoreTel and purchase the licenses you require. I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
        FYI, without a license, ShoreWare Director will lock itself in 45 days, so you will be unable to make any further system configuration changes.
        I'm new to how this system actually works but how will shoretel know the system is any different then it was before? Phone numbers? When you say configuration changes what all does that included? If we get all of our lines setup and everything working the way we want it will work indefinatly that way we just cannot add additional lines etc? Thanks in advance for the help

Comment

Originally posted by PhoneGuy1108 View Post
          Licenses are not transferrable between customers. Hardware wise, ShoreTel will not cover used switches under maintenance without you first sending the switch to ShoreTel for them to deem the switch in good condition. There is a fee for this (I belive around $700) that must be paid pass or fail.

However, you can buy additional user licenses if that is what you need through your partner. If you setup your system to exceed your licenses, then as was previously noted, your system will lock. It will remain functional, but you will not be able to get back in to Director until you contact ShoreTel and purchase the licenses you require. I wouldn't recommend doing that.
          What maintenance do these systems need and how often? I am fairly computer and networking literate and I prefer to do handle most computer and network problems myself. The system came out of a chain of stores I believe they have 12 lines per store. I don't see us ever needing more than 12 lines. Also we currently use vonnage for our phone lines is that a problem with this system? Like I said previously I have no experience with this system other than what I have found one shoretel's website and online, so any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dj

Comment

you would need to install an instance of shoretel server somewhere on your network and re-setup the switches etc. On a clean install of shoretel you will be able to set up your system and make changes for 45 days on the director, after that the director will only allow you to add license keys. The system will still route calls etc., but you will not be able to change anything on the system, i.e. if you have schedules and need to change them, if you want to change an extension from xxx to xxy. the switches need very little maintenance, mostly just initial configuration. The configuration of the system however is not something that I would say would be smart to leave unlicensed.

Comment

So what I am thinking is maybe this system is a little to advanced for our business? I don't want to get the system all installed and then have a problem and end up tearing it all back out. I have not got a quote from anyone yet but the prices I have seen look to be in the thousands to get this shoretel system licensed and setup legitimately. Am I way off?

Comment

We invested about 45,000 in 230 handsets alone.

Comment

Shoretel is a good system if you can invest in, however, it can be very expensive. If you had 10 phones at a workgroup agent status it would cost you roughly 100 for each extension and then another 100 I believe for the agent license. That is just so those 10 phones can get calls, there is also the main license and additional cost if you want to have personal voicemails on any phones.

Comment

230's

If you are still interested. We have two cases of 230's that have never been opened.

Comment

bbrixey:
                      How much and what part of Missouri? I may have an interest. PM me with the details if they are still available.

Comment

bbrixey - how much are you willing to sell your cases for?

Comment

Working...
                        X