Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone recomend a Shoretel service provider in Richmond Virginia

I am looking for a Shoretel Service provider in Richmond Virginia.
    I am unhappy with the service of our current provider.
    We pay for a contract, yet they still also bill us for everything they do.

What type of contract are you on? Are you familiar with the terms or would you like someone from here to help you understand? You may have a software and hardware support contract that does not cover configuration problems or add-move-change items. Someone that is unfamiliar with telecom may need help understanding all this as you would probably end up with the same issues with your next vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      What type of contract are you on? Are you familiar with the terms or would you like someone from here to help you understand? You may have a software and hardware support contract that does not cover configuration problems or add-move-change items. Someone that is unfamiliar with telecom may need help understanding all this as you would probably end up with the same issues with your next vendor.
      I second that notion, configs and add/move are different. It is like buying a router, should it break you get a new one. If you need it configured, the makers of the said product will charge you, a hefy sum at that. Its like buying a car and wanting GM to add after market tires and rims without charging you.

Comment

Hmm. I know who your Shoretel partner is, and I know that they bill you for everything, even when you have a support contract. Unfortunately, there is only one other partner in Richmond, that I know of, he is on here, but I wouldnt recommend him either. If I was you, I would drop the support contract and just go T&M with them, since you're going to be billed for everything anyway!

Comment

One strategy to use if you don't have a dealer nearby is to find a shoretel dealer with decent rates to do remote amc work and they usually can find a small "telephone" guy in the area to do wire work or hardware moves. 99% of the work I have to do is remotely done so "in the area" is not a problem. This allows you to shop dealers, we had a dealer that was very local with obscene rates and switched to a dealer that was half a state away that had a much better pricing structure.

Comment

At this point, it would seem that remote support, if they cover everything software, including add/moves, config, would be better than paying a contract AND also paying for any changes or updates.

Anyone who knows of a top notch team that can supply that type of support, I am willing to consider them.

Comment

We are based in Atlanta but have clients all over the country that we support. Like a previous poster said, 99% of the issues can be handled with remote support, and if we need a local tech to go onsite, we have a network of subs to handle that. Here is what you get with our support:
              1. Unlimited remote assistance for MACS
              2. Unlimited over the phone assistance
              3. Software upgrades
              4. Hardware coverage: either with or without phones.

Call me and I would be happy to provide you a quote.
              678-387-3200
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by SIPIT View Post
                I am looking for a Shoretel Service provider in Richmond Virginia.
                I am unhappy with the service of our current provider.
                We pay for a contract, yet they still also bill us for everything they do.
                How about this one?

Shoretel
                IPC Technologies, Inc.
                7200 Glen Forest Drive,Suite 100, Richmond, VA 23226-3781

Jeff Andrews
                [email protected]
                Tel: 804-285-9300 x 3205 / 804-622-7233
                Fax: 804-285-8730

Comment

FAIL!

Comment

We found another company out of Fredricksburg VA.

Comment

It is quite possible that the support contract you have purchased from your vendor is ShoreCare support and is therefore only ShoreTel's portion of the coverage - that goes to ShoreTel and gives you access to patches, upgrades, etc. The contract may not include any labor from your vendor, which is why you are getting billed for "everything". You'd have you check the Ts & Cs on your contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X