Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Manager working only half way

Only peices of my call manager work. It says assigned up on the left corner of the display menu. I am using a Polycom 430 phone. If I hook up a shoretel it works fine and reads home or primary phone. How can I get call manager to work fully? When someone calls me and the caller ID appears on my computer screen, I only have the option to select "to VM".

Now "primary phone" is an option to select. If I select it, it jumps to "unassigned" and completely stops working. Why???

SIP phones cannot be taken off hook from Call Manager.

Comment

This is a natural result of the nature of SIP vs. MGCP phones. A Communicator could, in theory, be made to work for both, but it would make it significantly clunkier and harder to troubleshoot and maintain since it would have to have almost every function it preforms duplicated for each format. Even then the assumption would be that any SIP device would be completely in compliance with the current SIP specs and recommendations, an assumption that rarely seems to prove true since almost everyone customizes SIP to make it "better" or easier for their own equipment. In a MGCP phone the brains are the MGC (Media Gateway Controller) - i.e. the appliance, in SIP the brains are actually the endpoint itself and any gateway or border controller is really just a traffic cop or registrar so the endpoints have someplace to go to ask where other endpoints reside if they do not have entries for them.

Comment

Working...
      X