Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handset Replacement

Anyone know how to modify or where I can buy replacement handsets for the IP230 phones.

We have a number of what I call "neck talkers" here. Where they hold the mouthpiece closer to their throat than they do their mouths. The normal handset doesn't like this and the resulting conversation is very one sided...as in the person on the other end doesn't hear anything or it is very muffled. On an old analog phone going through the same system, the call is fine.

From what I've found, the voice pickup is very directional...it needs to be right in front of the sound source...if it is slightly off angle, it doesn't pick much up. This is good in a noisy environment, but for my neck talkers it doesn't work at all.

I've tried to find some other handsets and while there are a number that work physically...they don't fit in the cradle...

Anyone know of any that do, or have any idea how to tweak the original handset to be more forgiving.

Thanks,

Tim
    Last edited by rwensmann; 07-22-2014, 09:49 AM.

If you are going to spend money on new handsets, you might as well spring for wired headsets, they work great with 230s and will solve you issue.

Comment

ShoreTel replacement handsets - http://www.dealonvoip.com/accessories.html - $12.95
      Randy Wensmann
      [email protected]
      (408) 385-3485
      www.btxchange.com

Comment

Working...
      X