Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asterisk vs ShoreTel

Can anyone give me some strong benefits of going with ShoreTel over Asterisk? It normally comes down to cost and Asterisk is always lower, but if there are some major differentiators between the two products please let me know.

From my point of view there are several advanteges, and ypu need to consider the big picture. I several times have to face competition against Asterisk and several time I loose because price problems and positioning.
    ShoreTel is not perfet yet, especially for the EU market becaus the lack of traditional features or in some cases the low pace of introducing new features (Ie: SBC for SIP trunks, WiFi phones, number of SIP devices supported, IPphones to boot w. SIP, real mobility using WiFI cell phones, integrated IM for the small market,..) . However,
    1.- It is an integrated solution, it means that when there will be an upgrade release, everything will work fine. With Asterisk, either you have an internal IT or forget about mantaining it.
    2.- ShoreTel is the only solution I know that will really behave as a single image system.
    3.- ShoreTel is a phone company and not an IT company. If you buy Asterisk,l maybe after three years you will need to buy phones again. The IP560 is supported for 13 years!!
    4.- ShoreTel is high quality, and quality has price.

I loose several bids agains Asterisk, howevere there are several customers that call us back after one year asking to replace the Asterisk, they are unhappy of the quality and integration.

So, as you see, most of time it comes with the TCO. ShoreTel in small environments costs 30% on capital expenditure, the rests are costs for operations. Asteris maybe it is about 15%, hoever the costs of operating, mantaining are much higher.

This are just some ideas, hope to have helped a little bit.

Comment

Aterisk vs ShoreTel

Thanks for the response. Your input is very helpful and your past experiences with Asterisk as a competitor.

Comment

Working...
      X