Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error at Call Manager startup

When I execute the Call Manager software I eventually get a dialog box that states there was an error I should check the logs for more information. Sorry I don't have a screen shot of the error but it wasn't specific anyway. I have checked the logs and the only thing I found that "failed" is shown below. Does this mean anything to anyone? Windows Xp SP3 workstation if it matters.

12:35:09.421 ( 1176: 1152) StartRtrClientByProviderID: Read profile [19, , NULL, 0] Error: 8000401A.
    12:35:09.421 ( 1176: 3220) PeriodicWork: Reload RemoteTsp profile for provider 19
    12:35:09.609 ( 1176: 3220) PeriodicWork: Failed to read profile 19 (Error: 8000401A)

"The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password."

Sounds like something is incorrectly configured in COM+ permissions. I would recommedn you run a repair on the ShoreWare Server install. Someone else may be able to give you other ideas as well.

Comment

forgot to mention - the Call Manager executes properly from all but 2 machines. Also, the application crashes and throws up the error before even being prompted for credentials.

Comment

Did you find the cause of the problem? I've got the same here with a customer. 250+ working, 2 give this error. Re-install of Personal Communicator did not help.

Comment

There is a white paper on properly uninstalling call manager, if you need it. It includes removing registry entries.

Comment

This sounds like the .Net issue Shoretel had in several versions. Uninstall the call manager, clear all registry entries, uninstall all .Net packages, then reinstall in reverse order.

Comment

Working...
            X