Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is End of Sale support policy?

From what I can gather, it is 3 years support on phones, like our discontinued 560 sets. I would like to know what it is for switches and software. Once a piece of hardware or a software package is discontinued, how long can I expect support? Is the support from ST, their set or switch manufacturer or the dealer?:_unsure:

Thanks~

I believe it is actually longer, in terms of the hardware being supported on future software version (due to the longevity of the ShoreGear appliances).
    For instance, it wasn't all that long ago that the ShoreLine Communications (original name for ShoreTel from YEEEEAAAARS ago), finally died.

As for 'support', it is all relating back to what ShoreTel TAC will provide support on, and what will work with the newer builds of software (note that software versions fall out of support after 2-3 years as well, which is why it's important to stay up-to-date-ish and on ShoreCare Support to keep those versions coming).

I don't foresee the IP-560 handsets going "out of support" anytime soon like the IP-530 and IP-100 handsets recently; since they were simply removed because of a relevant product deficiency:
    1. IP-560 phones were 10/100, IP-560g phones are available, offering Gigabit
    2. IP-560g phones are physically the same, same feature set, add VPN functionality and Gigabit throughput
    3. Negligible price difference between IP-560 and IP-560g meant there was little point making 2 products.
    4. The "hot" feature causing a drop in IP-560/560g sales are the Bluetooth capability in the IP-565g (and the color display is 'sexy' to steal a Cisco demo term).

Comment

End of support means that you will not be able to acquire a warranty against the devices and Shoretel will not provide support services for devices under EOS.

Shoretel will continue to support some of the devices in software. ShoreGear switches are a bit more challenging due to the nature of introducing new features and eventually you have to remove them before conducting an upgrade (this occured slowly over time with the original blue switches).

Phones are a bit of a different challenge for Shoretel due to the QA process of new releases against handsets that were end of sale. Originally, they were going to block upgrades with handsets that were no longer supported. They have instead decided to present a warning (this will occur in ST 12.0 for the IP210/530) that the devices are allowed but they won't provide support related to features that do not work on the handsets.

Eventually, the handsets hardware will fail (screen goes out or what have you) and you'll just buy a new replacement handset for them.

Comment

Working...
      X