Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Manager Won't Make Calls but Will Change Call Handling

Hi there,

I have a problem that I've been trying to sort out for some time now.

When I open ShoreTel Call Manager and try to make a call by double clicking on one of my contacts, it does nothing! To add to the frustration, when I change the call handling at the top from standard to anything else, it changes on the phone!

I just installed the Call Manager on another computer and it works! This is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

Nate
    Last edited by ndtipple; 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM.

Well that actually makes sense. Placing a call is dependent on the TAPI interface while interactions with the DB (changing call handling modes, directory lookups, settings changes) are dependent on the CICS service. First place to look is under telephony devices on the control panel of the machine and make sure the ShoreTel TAPI interface is in there. Also make sure that some enterprising power user did not turn off the TAPI service and set it to manual since they did not know what it was for. If those do not clear it up there are several knowledge base articles on the partner side of the ShoreTel site that walk you thorough testing TAPI.

Comment

Thanks,

One of the computers that was having this issue has been resolved by:
      • Click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
      • Double-click Telephony.
      • On the General tab, click Manual in the Startup type box, and then click OK.
      • Restart the computer.

However, another computer still has the same issue. The telephony is set to manual, the TAPI interface is in the control panel under Phone and Modem. I'm not really sure what else to try.
      On this machine during the first installation of the ST Call Manager, an error said, "ST Call Manager was installed before Outlook. Please reinstall ST Call Manager." I did this and nothing's changed.
      Last edited by ndtipple; 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

uninstall

close call manager exit from the system tray TOO. Uninstall, check the machines registry to make sure you delete it that as well. If Outlook is running reinstall the PCM

Comment

Done!

Thanks! After looking at the Telephony settings again, I uninstalled it and edited the registry to remove any lingering files. After reinstalling again, it finally worked. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
          X