Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music through Speakers, Voice through Headset (softphone)

Has anyone attempted to set up their softphone so that when they talk and listen to people they use their headset, but if they want to play music or videos, it playes out of the speakers connected to your laptop?

We tried changing the settings under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in the control panel. (and the Audio and Voice tabs within) but could not find the correct configuration.

We also changed the softphone playback device settings (Options - Softphone) but still nothing (we would get music to play out of speakers, but so would the callers voice)

Any ideas?

Thank You

You need to look at the softphone entry under the tools and options in the call manager that is running the softphone instance, in there you can configure audio devices for the softphone to use based on what the PC has for resources installed.

Comment

I've been trying to do this with a bluetooth headset I have, but when I hit apply the software sets the 'Play' drop down back to '<Use Windows prefered device>' and it also checks the 'Only use configured devices' checkbox. The 'Record' drop down will stay on the bluetooth device. How can I avoid that?

I've tested the device in the control panel and am happy with the audio and recording levels, I just can't get it to stick in the softphone settings.

Win7
      ShoreTel 10.1
      call mgr build 15.21.1311.0

Comment

Working...
      X