Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Trunks on both SG40 and SG50 Working on one network

Have 2 Shoregare on my network SG40 and SG50 with five 5 telephone number each is assign to a trunk. 4 trunks are on the SG40 and all work fine. however I cant seem to get the one on the SG50 working although all setting are the same as the SG40. Wheneve the number is dialed it nevers go to the Auto Attendant just ringout, and are unable to use this number for outgoing calls.

Anyone have any idea as to how to get these two switch to work together?

I must say that all my Extension is on the SG50 and they all work fine and the SG40 is used for trunks only. Just can't get trunk working on the SG50.

Please Help!!!!

If you would please be more specific on your set-up. Are your users part of the user group on the trunks in question. You said the callers should hit the AA outbound?

Comment

It sounds to me like your trunk (analog, I presume?) is not properly hooked up. Unfortunately I don't know much about how to physically wire a switch, but you might want to double-check that the trunk is connecting to the right port.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvino View Post
        Have 2 Shoregare on my network SG40 and SG50 with five 5 telephone number each is assign to a trunk. 4 trunks are on the SG40 and all work fine. however I cant seem to get the one on the SG50 working although all setting are the same as the SG40. Wheneve the number is dialed it nevers go to the Auto Attendant just ringout, and are unable to use this number for outgoing calls.

Anyone have any idea as to how to get these two switch to work together?

I must say that all my Extension is on the SG50 and they all work fine and the SG40 is used for trunks only. Just can't get trunk working on the SG50.

Please Help!!!!
        Sounds like Daniel is correct.

The SG40 switch is pinned out differently (without the Shoretel supplied adapter cable) than the SG50.

The SG50 is pinned out like this:
        Switch Port 1 = 66 Block Port 1
        Switch Port 2 = 66 Block Port 3
        Switch Port 3 = 66 Block Port 5
        Switch Port 4 = 66 Block Port 7

The SG40 is pinned out the same IF you have the Shoretel adapter cable installed.

Without the adapter the SG40 pin out looks like this:
        Switch Port1 = 66 Block Port 5
        Switch Port 2 = 66 Block Port 6
        Switch Port 3 = 66 Block Port 7
        Switch Port 4= 66 Block Port 8

A quick time saver for wiring the 66 block (with a SG50-90 or the SG40-60 with the adapter) is put a number 1 on the top tab then a dot on the next three tabs then three dots again repeat until finished. Then when you wire the trunks/ports you just split the numbers with the wires and punch!

Looks something like:

and so on.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X