Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing VM Box from outside the system

After burning quite a bit of time in the Shoretel documentation to no avail, can any tell me the steps to retrieve Voice Mail from outside the phone system. Such as calling in from home?

Thanks

Setup a AA option as "Goto Menu" and select Voice Mail menu. Maybe the star key?

Comment

VM access

On ours * # gets you into a voicemail box.

i dont think we programmed anything special for this. The access is "clumsy" however at best.

Our old system, you would hit * and it would ask for your password, thats it.

With shoretel, you have to hit * # then punch in your extension number (it should already know this part) then your password.

Comment

In addition to the # you can also just dial your VM system extension from the AA

Comment

We changed the default Auto Attendant to a DID number and set the # key to route to the Voice Mail Login Extension listed under the system extensions. The only problem we have is when people don't listen to the prompts. Then they don't press # which once they enter their extension they get transferred to their own phone. Another way we have used is to dial your own number and hit # 3 times when the VM answers.

Comment

Create a new auto-attendant and record dead air (you can do this by just hitting ## as soon as the recording starts -- it'll catch a bit of the tone) or snag a wave of less than 1 second of silence.

Set the timeout to 0. Under the timeout dropdown, select goto menu and select the voice mail login option.

Assign a DID to the AA.

When you call this menu, it'll redirect directly to the VM Login extension without the need to present any tones.

Comment

System wide external login to V/M

Route spare DID to "Local voice mail login extension". Verify extension number in system directory.
              Callers from outside hear welcome to the Shoretel phone system, please enter your extension number. After entering valid ext number caller is prompted for password. # only needed after entering password. Saves a few steps.
              Last edited by Dennis; 05-06-2009, 12:33 PM. Reason: Incomplete answer

Comment

Hi Dennis

Where is the "Local voice mail login extension"?
                I cannot find this on my system (Shoretel 6 with Shoregear 120/24 and 60/12 switches).

Also, by "Route spare DID to "Local voice mail login extension"", do you
                mean Route Points under Call Control in the Shoreware director?

Thank you.

Johnny

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
                Route spare DID to "Local voice mail login extension". Verify extension number in system directory.
                Callers from outside hear welcome to the Shoretel phone system, please enter your extension number. After entering valid ext number caller is prompted for password. # only needed after entering password. Saves a few steps.

Comment

Originally posted by bowdend74 View Post
                  After burning quite a bit of time in the Shoretel documentation to no avail, can any tell me the steps to retrieve Voice Mail from outside the phone system. Such as calling in from home?

Thanks
                  Have you tried simply calling your own number and pressing # when voicemail answers? You can press # to stop the outgoing prompt, # again to stop the recording and one more # to exit the mailbox. You will be prompted for your extension and can log in from there.

I use this method so I only have to remember my own extension.

Comment

See ShoreTel Knowledgebase Articles
                    KB852
                    KB11213

Sorry for the delay but I just joined in.

Comment

I have users in 3 area codes needing external local dial to check VM. This works well for me. per earlier comments, Of course you have to enter an extension: how else could it connect you to the correct mailbox.
                      1- create a AAmenu, assign it a DID number (if you use DID trunk)
                      2- set timeout to 0
                      3- record shortest possible greeting of silence
                      4- set time out action to "go to menu" XXXX, where XXXX is your
                      VM login ext. can be found in System params/System Extensions

Comment

VM message retrieval

Johnny,
                        Set every AA menu the same. Enter # in menu as "Go To Menu" and enter system extension of "voice mail login extension" You will find your voice mail login extension in -System Parameters - System Extensions - Voice Mail Login Extension. If set correctly users calling from outside in may login to voice mail for message retrieval same as when inside Shoretel system. Good luck. My view of the economy --- :taz:

Comment

Working...
                        X