Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com

Welcome to ShoreTelForums.com!

This site was created as a place to share stories, tips, and troubleshooting help with ShoreTel/Mitel systems. ShoreTel/Mitel is obviously the MOST exciting VoiP platform on the market right now, and we realized there was no centralized place to discuss this platform, but now there is. Please feel free to join and share your experiences.

Please Note: This site IS NOT owned, funded, or managed by ShoreTel/Mitel, Inc. although you may find ShoreTel/Mitel employees sharing there experiences and expertise. If you would like more information on ShoreTel/Mitel systems, contact BTX at [email protected]

As always please support the advertisers that help support our site.

Thank You,
BTX
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Up For Renewal Real Soon

Our support is up for renewal and I thought I'd ask around what everybody thought about renewal options. Our current Shoretel support provider was purchased by another company and they fired everybody we dealt with at the time and now we finally have the opportunity to move. I know there should there be better options out there.

We have never needed our shoretel support to be physically here. I'm here for the adds moves and changes. We have made good use of support for equipment swaps by mail. We are located in Portland, OR and our support runs out mid April.

Do we have to have a local company provide support? Can the ST Partner be in a different state and still be ok territorial to be our support provider?

We do not make use of the development kit. Our current provider is trying to ram it down our throats for $5K. The support quotes I received from them for renewal where huge. The only time I hear from them is when they want more money. So...

What suggestions do you have for shopping support providers to get the most value out of mail and remote desktop connection for Shoretel server errors support?

I think you should find someone local who provides good service (we'll drive a switch over to you today..) with a team of engineers that are familiar with the product with at least one all star engineer that knows more than you.

If you find those things, the money is well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor View Post
      I think you should find someone local who provides good service (we'll drive a switch over to you today..) with a team of engineers that are familiar with the product with at least one all star engineer that knows more than you.

If you find those things, the money is well spent.
      Good point. I should have it in writing that the switches are available locally if I can get the local solution provider to go for this.

Comment

Check out this thread:

http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...greements.html

This question has come up a number of times. There are some other threads on the topic.

Comment

Working...
        X